• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Tensions flared up at Justin Trudeau's Campaign stop Near Toronto

When JT polling is in Trouble here is the Global and Mail pushing out stories like this. But wait how can there be a jobs recovery if there was -1.1% GDP?

"We have all seen help wanted signs at restaurants and stores.”
But how many people are going to looking to work at restaurants now that there going to be vax mandates and low pay?

When JT polling is in Trouble here is the Global and Mail pushing out stories like this. But wait how can there be a jobs recovery if there was -1.1% GDP?

But how many people are going to looking to work at restaurants now that there going to be vax mandates and low pay?

Probably the same as always.

My kid made up to $300 a night in tips serving this summer.

Sure he did..... In City that has the highest taxes and you arent able to keep that much..

100$ on Hand.

tips are supposed to be declared when you do your taxes. Walking out with more than $100 on a good night at a reasonable restaurant is very believable.

There's generally a correlation between employment and GDP, but that correlation has often been broken since 2008 thanks to all the government interventions in the financial & other sectors. We've seen a shift away from the sectors which have a large positive effect on GDP towards ones which don't contribute as much. Then add covid, where where work from home and other shit has put a dent into worker pay & productivity. It is entirely possible to have lower unemployment and shrinking GDP at the same time.

Sure he did..... In City that has the highest taxes and you arent able to keep that much..

100$ on Hand.

Do you not know how tips work? You don't pay taxes on them.

Also Toronto home taxes aren't high, they are lower than many places.

You don't know what you are talking about and I suspect you are just a Russian bot.

You don't know what you are talking about and I suspect you are just a Russian bot.
You are supposed to pay tax on what you claim in tips. But nobody declares the true amount. At least in nova scotia

If you made $3000 in tips as a server at a busy bar, you claim $500. It's never investigated or questioned

You are supposed to pay tax on what you claim in tips. But nobody declares the true amount. At least in nova scotia

If you made $3000 in tips as a server at a busy bar, you claim $500. It's never investigated or questioned

Yeah, if you are a career server.

My kid won't declare any for a summer job, they would get it all back anyway.

Sure if you have a million dollars to afford it. Or near that amount.

I suspect you are just a Russian bot.
Anyone that i dont like urging with is a Russian bot. Your going with that straw man argument. You know that line of yours is getting is old right?

Toronto is second-most expensive Canadian city to live in

Sure if you have a million dollars to afford it. Or near that amount.

Anyone that i dont like urging with is a Russian bot. Your going with that straw man argument. You know that line of yours is getting is old right?

It just seems that you don't really know about the areas you are talking about...normal cultural stuff a real Canadian would know.

And your constant spelling / grammar mistakes.

It's not getting old, your constant anti vax posts are though.

Just odd that one of our most outspoken NDP "Make em pay their fair share" supporters celebrates tax avoidance when it is your family benefiting. Interdesting.

They file taxes every year. They only work a couple months in the summer so they get it all back.

There's tons of nickel and dime stuff we don't claim for write offs also.

They file taxes every year. They only work a couple months in the summer so they get it all back.

There's tons of nickel and dime stuff we don't claim for write offs also.

Of course they file taxes annually, we all have to, but you said :

My kid won't declare any for a summer job, they would get it all back anyway.

This is income they are not disclosing on their returns. This is tax avoidance, wether you think they would get it back or not. Do you know if every tax avoiding ndper paid "their fair share" we could give every reserve Evian water and bring at least 7 Afghany Trannies over? Daddy Jag would not approve.

Back