Teen Jokes About His Drunken Hit-and-Run on Facebook, Gets Busted by Cops

The Taxman

Askren P4P #1
@red
Reaction score
Returning to his Astoria, Oregon, home after a busy day of driving drunk, sideswiping cars, and fleeing the scene, 18-year-old Jacob Cox-Brown couldn't wait to let all his Facebook friends know what he'd been up to.

"Drivin drunk ... classsic ;) but to whoever's vehicle i hit i am sorry. :p" Jacob wrote on his Facebook page.

The status update was eventually forwarded by one of Jacob's friends to an Astoria police officer; another friend phoned the station and delivered the message to a sergeant.

The police had already been aware of a hit-and-run incident that occurred early Wednesday morning, and it was just a matter of matching the fragments from the crash site to Jacob's damaged car.

The teen was subsequently arrested and booked on two counts of failing to perform the duties of a driver.

"Astoria Police have an active social media presence," the department said in a statement. "It was a private Facebook message to one of our officers that got this case moving, though. When you post ... on Facebook, you have to figure that it is not going to stay private long.

Glad he got caught for driving drunk, but seriously the stupidity of some people..

Some people are taking really early runs at this year's Darwin award

PLAT THREAD!

Honestly, this is the best thing about FB. Muhfuggahs getting cought!

Yea i read about this earlier. You know he feels like a dumbass.

What a bunch of square pussies. I would have liked that comment. Soulless minions of orthodoxy.

someone on my facebook posted a pic of himself drinking and driving

not my friend, it was one of my friends friend, they just commented on it.

Police should put up a website called ConfessYourCrimes.com.

Morons would be flocking there to brag about their crimes...

someone say plat thread?

but what an idiot

I'm glad he got caught. What a jerkhole.

I don't get my jimmies too rustled over drunk driving but he kinda deserved some punishment for using an emoticon imo.

you guys know who works for Astoria PD right?

detectivejohnkimble.jpg

I don't get my jimmies too rustled over drunk driving but he kinda deserved some punishment for using an emoticon imo.

Until your mother, father, sister, daughter, wife, etc. gets plowed into by a drunk driver and gets killed/seriously injured. How can your jimmies not get rustled over drunk driving?

I'm glad his friends aren't complete morons.

What's with all these dumbass kids confessing to crimes online?

First the Steubenville idiots now this idiot.

What they did was shitty but I'd figure they'd at least be bright enough to not post shit about it.

Back