Ted Cruz appointed to chair Senate committee on Science and Space programs

Yes and so was Ted Kaczynski doctorate and all! Just because a guy has advance degrees pasted to his wall does not mean he is the best for the job.

EDIT: I wanted to add this may play right into Democrat hands because the space program is popular in many Republican circles. If it looks like he is trying to put massive cuts into NASA programs it will put him in direct conflict with many in his party.

read the article killakoy posted

read the article killakoy posted
He has tried to cut its budget in the past. Also, his comments in that article would still be consistent with cutting the overall budget while mandating a shift in spending from satellites and weather monitoring to, for example, moon bases.

Cruz has never been anti-space exploration.

He is just tired of NASA being used for government subsidized satellite launches for the telecom companies, spending absurd amounts monitoring weather in the north pole, and burning cash on substandard, inefficient rockets.

Cruz wants NASA reform. He wants to shift shuttle and satellite launches to the private sector, such as in the hands of SpaceX, and wants NASA to renew focus on planet and moon exploration.

What is it, in particular, that has made Republicans go so damn far off the rails in hating "so-called science" lately? The opposition to general health and knowledge is staggering.

Science and space funding is always higher when Republicans are in control. Republicans have always been the party of science.

He is just tired of NASA being used for government subsidized satellite launches for the telecom companies, spending absurd amounts monitoring weather in the north pole, and burning cash on substandard, inefficient rockets.
Yeah, no way is that important.
It was funny to me when the DOD was putting together reports about strategic threats and changes due to anthropogenic climate change and conservatives freaked the fuck out. Less funny, more pathetic and scary, was when a conservative legislator tried to get a rider added to DOD spending that they couldn't plan for climate change.

Fucking crazy idiot.

Yeah, no way is that important.
It was funny to me when the DOD was putting together reports about strategic threats and changes due to anthropogenic climate change and conservatives freaked the fuck out. Less funny, more pathetic and scary, was when a conservative legislator tried to get a rider added to DOD spending that they couldn't plan for climate change.

Fucking crazy idiot.

Didn't say it wasn't important. The question is does it justify the cost. Would the world end if he spent half as much money monitoring weather in the North Pole?

And maybe we can spend the other half of that money towards development of new lightweight composites for lunar landers (which would then have other applications), or more efficient solar panels to power satalites, or ion engines, etc... A lot of useful technology came out of space exploration.

It's a political position is it not?

Yes and so was Ted Kaczynski doctorate and all! Just because a guy has advance degrees pasted to his wall does not mean he is the best for the job.

EDIT: I wanted to add this may play right into Democrat hands because the space program is popular in many Republican circles. If it looks like he is trying to put massive cuts into NASA programs it will put him in direct conflict with many in his party.

okay. i didn't say anything about his politics. i only said that the guy is smart. lol, why do people have a problem with that?

Cruz has never been anti-space exploration.

Cruz wants NASA reform. He wants to shift shuttle and satellite launches to the private sector, such as in the hands of SpaceX, and wants NASA to renew focus on planet and moon exploration.

This. He's the man for the job. Only a libtard wouldn't see that.

This. He's the man for the job. Only a libtard wouldn't see that.
When it comes to a major area of NASA research, he's a raving idiot who is unqualified and wrong. He is demonstrably not the man for the job.

When it comes to a major area of NASA research, he's a raving idiot who is unqualified and wrong. He is demonstrably not the man for the job.

What are you talking about? If you don't agree with the findings of the research, stopping or impairing further research being conducted is a completely reasonable decision, that way instead of not listening to experts in the field who show you their research, you can just say 'there's not enough research to support...'

I wouldn't trust this guy to run a hotdog stand

From what I've seen and read, I'd trust him to sell EXACTLY what the people around are buying.

cruz.gif

okay. i didn't say anything about his politics. i only said that the guy is smart. lol, why do people have a problem with that?

I don't have a problem with the fact that he is intelligent its just don't like the fact he has been put in charge of NASA's project planning in any form. You want a push to militarize space then his your man. Reality I believe he will be more then happy to plow money into NASA as long as its use has a military application? If I worked for NASA right now I would be worried that a lot of advance projects such as faster then light travel and deep space projects will be put on the back burner? I see a focus on deploying satellites, space based high resolution tracking systems will be the new focus. Less money on research that is not already in the pipeline and more money in Military applications. That is my concern with him in a nutshell.

This is more extreme than any satire or parody could have been.

Oh yes. If you scripted this in a Michael Bay summer action film, everyone would be blowing holes through it.

It's like Independence Day, but on Meth.

Science and space funding is always higher when Republicans are in control. Republicans have always been the party of science.

MRpZ637.gif

he's wrong? why did they stop using the term global warming?
what happened to the coming ice age we were warned about in the 70's?

most of us are glad people like Sen. Cruz are resiting the lefts attempt to highjack the worlds economy and position themselves as banker

Back