Ted Cruz appointed to chair Senate committee on Science and Space programs

Does Cruz even believe in space?

It's above the sky where God lives?

Off topic, I've always wondered why I've never heard of anyone concerned that while drilling for oil/core samples/mining/ect that we might accidentally unearth/reach Hell.

It's OK. He went to Princeton and Harvard and has litigated to the Supreme Court.

That's not an ad hominem.

An ad hominem fallacy occurs when you dismiss an argument, or say your opponent is wrong, because of some perceived flaw in their character.

Ad hominem

You: If it is raining out, then people carry umbrellas. People are carrying umbrellas. Therefor it must be raining!
Me: Well I think you are a useless windbag, so it isn't raining.

Not Ad hominem.

You: If it is raining out, then people carry umbrellas. People are carrying umbrellas. Therefor it must be raining!
Me: That is an ill-formed argument because you are affirming the consequent. People could have umbrellas for reason other than it raining. Also, I think you are a useless windbag.

Well, god damn it! I concede to your argument. Next time I use or hear the term I will think of you. I hope you appreciate the rarity of a fellow sherdogger doing this, but you are correct. I was not.

say what you will about cruz, but the guy is brilliant. an insanely smart dude.

This is what happens when only lawyers and business men hold public office.

Cruz is bonafide idiot when it comes to science. So it's no surprise he's put in charge of a big area of it.

Maybe so, but analytical thinking is a learned skill, and Cruz has not (or he knows better and just panders to idiots for personal gain).

Are these people trolling? What is up with everyone calling Cruz stupid.

Both his parents are mathematicians. Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton University with his B.A., and then he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law.

Well, god damn it! I concede to your argument. Next time I use or hear the term I will think of you. I hope you appreciate the rarity of a fellow sherdogger doing this, but you are correct. I was not.

Don't sweat it, brother.

Hopefully he doesn't cut funding to their muslim outreach programs

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/07/07/nasas_muslim_outreach_106214.html#ixzz3OonnDTqd
Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

that stupidity should put to rest any conversation regarding Sen Cruz's lack of understanding of NASA

"Tell you what we should do with that Saddamobama, that's shoot him into space 'cause he's a godless Muslim atheist radical Christian heretic, plus a Kenyan Communist and a tool of the American bankers to boot. Let him have his global warming in Hell! NASA won't get a dime of Jesus' money. If we don't support the good nation of Israel, Jews will take over the world!"

-Ted Cruz, sober, and making more sense than usual

Fellow climate change denier Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) will also chair the Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries and the Coast Guard upon his confirmation.

Oh, goody. Future generations will think plastic grows on dolphins.

What is it, in particular, that has made Republicans go so damn far off the rails in hating "so-called science" lately? The opposition to general health and knowledge is staggering.

Maybe so, but analytical thinking is a learned skill, and Cruz has not (or he knows better and just panders to idiots for personal gain).

Wish I could make a few million doing this.

Hopefully he doesn't cut funding to their muslim outreach programs

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/07/07/nasas_muslim_outreach_106214.html#ixzz3OonnDTqd
Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

that stupidity should put to rest any conversation regarding Sen Cruz's lack of understanding of NASA

i like what obama said, the best way to get muslims to stop focusing so much on their magic man in the sky is to get them to focus on science. seems like a good idea.

Take us to the stars and back, Ted Cruz

Are these people trolling? What is up with everyone calling Cruz stupid.

Both his parents are mathematicians. Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton University with his B.A., and then he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law.

Either he is really intelligent and he pretends to be stupid to pander to the most ignorant of our society or he really doesn't know what he is talking about. Both scenarios are dangerous for the future of this country.

Either he is really intelligent and he pretends to be stupid to pander to the most ignorant of our society or he really doesn't know what he is talking about. Both scenarios are dangerous for the future of this country.

Politics is about manipulation and perception management. To be good at it requires intelligence.

i like what obama said, the best way to get muslims to stop focusing so much on their magic man in the sky is to get them to focus on science. seems like a good idea.

you would, maybe we could get nasa to give them a hand with a intercontinental ballistic missile program. they could have loads of fun with that technology

Yes and so was Ted Kaczynski doctorate and all! Just because a guy has advance degrees pasted to his wall does not mean he is the best for the job.

EDIT: I wanted to add this may play right into Democrat hands because the space program is popular in many Republican circles. If it looks like he is trying to put massive cuts into NASA programs it will put him in direct conflict with many in his party.

If it looks like he is trying to put massive cuts into NASA programs it will put him in direct conflict with many in his party.
He's never had a hard time with that.
In seriousness though, this could be good for NASA's budget (despite previous attempts) given his likely presidential aspirations and the importance of NASA funding to Florida. It is, more importantly, disastrous that people with moronic climate change views like Cruz and Rubio are in charge of NASA and NOAA.

Kinda seems like a scientist should be in charge of NASA.......

Back