Opinion "TDS rising to white whale obsession"

Yeah the next few months are going to be hell for you.

And since I have a degree in English literature allow me to educate you on Moby Dick. In the novel (spoilers) Ahab causes his entire crew to be drowned (save for Ishmael) along with his ship because of his obsession with killing the whale that took his leg. It's a cautionary tale about the dangers of obsession and man's search for the unknownable secrets of the universe.

It is, however, not analogous to what's happening as articles of impeachment will be passed in the House making Trump the third president in history to ever have that happen. The whale's harpooned already and the left is using Trump's blubber to light our lanterns.

giphy.gif

He's absolutely right. People who hate Trump can't stop making everything about him and they're addicted to negative stories about him. It's like they need to be soothed and assured that "orange man bad" 24/7.
This is 100% facts.

My father is addicted to the propaganda of MSNBC. He falls asleep to it and wakes up to it. It plays in the background 24/7.

He even knows it’s propaganda, be he is addicted and can’t stop. It’s a really strange phenomena how he became addicted. Reminds me of Videodrome. There was some type of biological response in his body that was/is triggered by the broadcast signal. Dark Psychology spliced into digital tv broadcast signals.

Trump is a fat incoherent moron so he’s an easy target
But the media is like a pack of fa kids that can't catch a chicken. They keep running around and falling over each other. This shoot be easy, as Trump doesn't have it together, yet the media fails. Constantly. What does that say about the media?

But the media is like a pack of fa kids that can't catch a chicken. They keep running around and falling over each other. This shoot be easy, as Trump doesn't have it together, yet the media fails. Constantly. What does that say about the media?
They're money hungry coke addicts

I think a lot of Leftists do not believe in God, or have little faith in God. Because of that, to many of them, Politics has become their religion. They are willing to believe damn near anything the MSM tells them without questioning motives, conflicting information, or anything that would threaten their Leftist faith. It's kind of weirdo cultish.

This sounds more true if you replace the dems with republicans actually.

I find there is a direct correlation between the rise in "TDS" and the rise in Trump's exhibitions of megalomania and corruption.

It's like, prostitutes working the East End of London were sort of concerned after the mutilated body of Mary Ann Nichols was found. But by the time Mary Jane Kelly's body was found they were hysterical.

Classic case of 1888's "JTRDS".

I like it. Parallels to Hitler have gotten stale over the years. Parallels to Jack the Ripper are fresh and creative.

I see more conservatives digging up anything that can find to support "TDS" than I do actual TDS.

I think you guys are ruthlessly fascinated with the idea of people not liking your idol, tbh.

The more absurd and criminal Trump behaves, the louder liberals cry out in outrage, and the louder the outrage, the more aggressively Trump supporters feel they are justified in supporting him. It's a self-perpetuating cycle that had dragged American politics into the gutter, and it will continue to drag us all down as long as the man in office is a clown.

Imagine an America where the news just reported the news and entertainment left out politics. People might not be so bat shit insane.

eta: some serious TDS in the 2 posts above this one.

Last edited:
Still one of the GOAT performances.

we are not supposed to talk about negative things in the black community. especially when white men are the biggest threat to america.
Why would you though? Theres a white civil war underway, but you guys wanna talk about the black community for some reason.
Black people need guys like you to stop telling them they need your help. They dont need shit from you.
^^^^^^exacly these fucking liberals are the biggest issue facing the African American public.
Smile in your face and then :sniper:
Do you self identify as a member of the black community in Chicago?
That's exactly what I am.

{<jordan}

Imagine an America where the news just reported the news and entertainment left out politics. People might not be so bat shit insane.

And how nice it would be to maybe get unbiased facts AKA real journalism and actually have entertainment as a means to escape politics.

I can remember a time when it was like that. May as well have been a million years ago to what we have regressed to now.

And how nice it would be to maybe get unbiased facts AKA real journalism and actually have entertainment as a means to escape politics.

I can remember a time when it was like that. May as well have been a million years ago to what we have regressed to now.

This probably didn't help.

The Fairness Doctrine of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, was a policy that required the holders of broadcast licenses to both present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the FCC's view—honest, equitable, and balanced.[1]

The fairness doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows, or editorials. The doctrine did not require equal time for opposing views but required that contrasting viewpoints be presented.[2]

On August 22, 2011, the FCC voted to remove the rule that implemented the Fairness Doctrine, along with more than 80 other rules and regulations, from the Federal Register following an executive order by President Obama directing a "government-wide review of regulations already on the books to eliminate unnecessary regulations".

The demise of this FCC rule has been considered by some to be a contributing factor for the rising level of party polarization in the United States.[3]

This probably didn't help.

The Fairness Doctrine of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, was a policy that required the holders of broadcast licenses to both present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the FCC's view—honest, equitable, and balanced.[1]

The fairness doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows, or editorials. The doctrine did not require equal time for opposing views but required that contrasting viewpoints be presented.[2]

On August 22, 2011, the FCC voted to remove the rule that implemented the Fairness Doctrine, along with more than 80 other rules and regulations, from the Federal Register following an executive order by President Obama directing a "government-wide review of regulations already on the books to eliminate unnecessary regulations".

The demise of this FCC rule has been considered by some to be a contributing factor for the rising level of party polarization in the United States.[3]
The demise of the Fairness Doctrine, the rise of talk radio and the rise of politicians like Newt Gingrich led to more party polarization and the collapse of political discourse.

Thought it was bad when Junior Bush and Obama were at the helm.

TDS is legit.

Democrats could be doing a lot better, if they denounced their own parties' racism and radicalism.

Trump pissin n shittin in the White House is too much to fuckin bear, so short-sightedness winZ again!

The demise of the Fairness Doctrine, the rise of talk radio and the rise of politicians like Newt Gingrich led to more party polarization and the collapse of political discourse

Yeah and I'm sure that CNN, MSNBC, Twitter, Facebook, Wapo, NYT etc etc had nothing to do with that right? Newt Gingrich LOL, that's a real gem.

lol @ suddenly wanting "unbiased facts"

that includes all the negative stuff aka fake news. adding a few attaboys is all it would take and we're near enough there lol

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the issue really though is why and how they are going after Trump. The real shock for the media and the establishment it represents in 2016 wasn't IMHO Trump winning, it was Hilary losing, the arch establishment candidate positioned perfectly in their view losing to this goofball and the fear that her loss could mean what they really fear might happen, a real shift to the left in the dems.

The idea that Trump stole the election was basically perfect cover for this, a good way to drown out any calls for change in the dems position. The problem with a lot of Trump's other goofiness is IMHO that he's revealing a mindset they don't want revealed, lifting the mask on how in the pockets of rich and the powerful the political establishment is. This could be an effective line of attack but its one they don't want to embrace.

I think the issue really though is why and how they are going after Trump. The real shock for the media and the establishment it represents in 2016 wasn't IMHO Trump winning, it was Hilary losing, the arch establishment candidate positioned perfectly in their view losing to this goofball and the fear that her loss could mean what they really fear might happen, a real shift to the left in the dems.

The idea that Trump stole the election was basically perfect cover for this, a good way to drown out any calls for change in the dems position. The problem with a lot of Trump's other goofiness is IMHO that he's revealing a mindset they don't want revealed, lifting the mask on how in the pockets of rich and the powerful the political establishment is. This could be an effective line of attack but its one they don't want to embrace.
Well said. It's weird they're attacking him for mostly nonsensical stuff and I think your theory is best.
It also shows how since Trump beat them, that many politiciajs and the media are a bunch of cans.
I think it really shows that many people in charge have been sitting around and nit trying for years. Which the Facebook and other tech congressional hearings have showed. Guys didn't even bother researching before asking dumb questions. Shows they aren't even trying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back