Media TBT: Don Frye visiting Yoshihiro Takayama after he was paralyzed back in 2017

i remember seeing that fight on stumbleupon around 2007-2008 and it blew my fucking mind i watched it a few times couldnt believe it was real life

Reactions: Gio
I willl never forget that fight between Akiyama and Frye. One of the most insane ones ive ever seen.

Hope he is able to get back to a somewhat normal physical life.

Really sucks. 2 years of rehab just to be able to barely stand with support.

I don’t know what motivation or desire you must have to keep living.

Jesus H Christ. I didn’t know about Takayama’s injury until now. Hopefully he gets better everyday. 2 absolute legends.

Really sucks. 2 years of rehab just to be able to barely stand with support.

I don’t know what motivation or desire you must have to keep living.
Look at the life Stephen Hawking had despite worse limitations. I honestly would probably be a total bitch in that situation, but it’s inspiring when people aren’t. Gotta focus on what you can still do and enjoy, not what you can’t.

Look at the life Stephen Hawking had despite worse limitations. I honestly would probably be a total bitch in that situation, but it’s inspiring when people aren’t. Gotta focus on what you can still do and enjoy, not what you can’t.

I don’t know, I think anybody would fall into deep depression and willing to die.
Imagine that you can’t move at all and you need help for every single thing.

One of the worst things that can happen to anybody.

Back when Just Bleed was the shit...
FtelqIW.gif

4y29.gif

4726316-3157222419-cro-c.gif
MMA math in gif format right there.

Look which other opponent to paid a visit.

main-qimg-952eee5c01bbf542da063e2c5834970f

Last edited:
Good to see him making process poor guy wish him all the best.

Damn this is sad, was unaware of him getting paralysed. I hope that he will recover enough to live a somewhat normal life and that he has earned enough money to not have to worry.

Man all those Pride legends are linked together forever. They gave away pieces of themselves to each other in the ring just for our entertainment. Modern day gladiators fr fr with that martial arts spirit. It's so great to see them still care for each other today.

Man all those Pride legends are linked together forever. They gave away pieces of themselves to each other in the ring just for our entertainment. Modern day gladiators fr fr with that martial arts spirit. It's so great to see them still care for each other today.

Pride really was magical for lack of a better term, everything had this epic feel to it.

Takayama was paralyzed due to a failed spot in a pro wrestling match in Japan in 2017 (DDT Promotion)

Dzvbc8fUYAENk9S.jpg

For the young kids who didn't know, these two guys gave the MMA world one of, if not the most exciting and heart stopping toe to toe exchanges, and one of the greatest fights ever in PRIDE 21 (2002)

Takayama-Frye.gif

It was legendary.
------​

*Update as of July 2020*

Takayama has been in rehab in the last couple of years and as of last year, can stand now with support.

K-j3E4oZ.jpg

Source: https://ameblo.jp/takayama-do/entry-12610047872.html

8415484.gif

Respect to both legends.

Wholesome AF content TS.

That postfight moment of respect brings tears to my eyes. That's what it's all about. I wish Takayama happiness and peace of mind.
<mma1>
It was touching.

Ok so I did a little digging, and it serms like he continues to improve.

He can do 10kg assisted push ups

Appears to be gaining leg mobility

o0871162514932779416.jpg

And is still both cooler, and more handsome than you

o3024403214823875752.jpg

Which is good to know.

War Takyama.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing

Man that sucks. I hope he can recover a decent quality of life at the very least.

Back