Media TBT: Don Frye visiting Yoshihiro Takayama after he was paralyzed back in 2017

K-j3E4oZ.jpg

This is rough to see... A guy that size with all that extra weight - must be painful as fuck for him to do any sort of physio, not to mention the complications of having two attendants instead of one.

Apparently he did it during a botched shooting star press, a la Lesnar.

8aDfQT.gif

Poor guy.
Why was he even trying a shooting star press at his age and weight

there was something about that fight that transcended the sport. Like they were both actually trying to prove something other than just winning a match in a sport.

That was soo manly. Ima fuk my wife silly tonight

Don Frye was one of the people I first watched that had me hooked on mma, that rockem sockem robot shit was insane

It really hurts man,and he got paralyzed over a sunset flip,the most non risky move you could think of. Shit!

Why was he even trying a shooting star press at his age and weight
Takayama was injured at a DDT show on May 4, 2017, when he landed on his head when attempting a sunset flip on Yasu Urano.

There is no way Takayama can do a shooting star press lol

Such legendary fight that they re-enacted it for Nagurimono (2005)

Sakuraba and Rampage also re-enacted their fight for that movie, plus Wanderlei vs Mckey "Mitsuki" Koga.

ahah that looks great

I saw The wanderlei fight yrs ago

I really hope he is getting sufficient government welfare and assistance, i wonder how his situation is financially speaking? I wonder how that sort of thing is in his country?

It would be fantastic if fans could contact him somehow and send him our good wishes, even send him old fashioned letters or card, something solid for him to keep, rather than emails.
I wonder how that could be achieved, finding an address?
Imagine how a bunch of cards from fans would give him hope and encouragement.

Back