Tate vs Shevchenko

I'm not convinced Shevchenko beats any of the top grapplers in the division. So far, the only good grappler she faced is Nunes, who 10-8'd her in the one round she implemented a grappling based gameplan. There's a high risk a grappler with good cardio would outgrapple her for at least 2/3 rounds.

Yes and make Cat vs Holly. and Liz Carmouche should fight Sara McMann.

Ummmm ya... If you think Tate got lit up by Nunes, that ain't nothing like what you would see from Shevchenko. Lights for days.....

Yea because Shevchenko was just such an agressive killer in that fight with Holm, right? Holm and Shevchenko both looked like shit and couldn't pull the trigger.

1418.gif

I don't like the match up. Miesha can't stand with her and her sloppy take downs won't work against Valentina. A better match up might be Pena and Valentina and that leaves Nunes waiting for Ronda. The division is messed up right now at the top.

I think as the years go on we're gonna see Wmma fighters don't bounce back from loses as well ....meisha was mentally broken in that fight I doubt she wins again in the ufc

Unlike Holly....Shev can be aggressive and I really dont think Tate head first run into you will do her well here. Also its a fight if Tate lose, then it wont look for her future. too risky from matchmaking side. Give Tate an easy fight
yup. Let her rebound.

I don't like the match up. Miesha can't stand with her and her sloppy take downs won't work against Valentina. A better match up might be Pena and Valentina and that leaves Nunes waiting for Ronda. The division is messed up right now at the top.
I get the feeling waiting for Ronda is Nunes plan. She's trying to play match maker and dodge the top 2 contenders in one statememt. I think she wants that Rousey comeback money before anything else.

I would like this matchup for Shevy.

I would not like this matchup for Tate.

Shevchenko still needs to prove herself a little bit more for a title shot in my opinion. Its been established that shes a great striker, but her ground game has barely been seen in the UFC. (Note that she does have taps in other organizations). She needs to face a good grappler like Miesha, that would secure her title shot.

Tate's coming off of losing her title and who knows how long shes gonna be out. Shevchenkos on a role and Miesha probly wont be ready in time.

In conclusion, i can see the UFC giving Shevy a title shot, but i can also see her facing one more grappler before that.

Tate should be fighting some lower ranked or non-ranked girl after losing the belt.

I think Valentina would kill her.
Nah she'd wait around a week for Tate to throw a punch at her. That's the key. Never try to punch Valentina and you'll never get hit.

I was not impressed with her performance. Was way overcredited by the commentators.

I think as the years go on we're gonna see Wmma fighters don't bounce back from loses as well ....meisha was mentally broken in that fight I doubt she wins again in the ufc

Tate has lost multiple times and came back from them just fine, even to become champ.

Damn I actually defended Tate. But I agree I don't think Women fighters bounce back from losses as well as men. /chauvinist

I'm not convinced Shevchenko beats any of the top grapplers in the division. So far, the only good grappler she faced is Nunes, who 10-8'd her in the one round she implemented a grappling based gameplan. There's a high risk a grappler with good cardio would outgrapple her for at least 2/3 rounds.

She's Holly Holm with worse grappling and cardio. I'd take Zingano, Tate, Pena, and Nunes in a rematch over Shevchenko.

I think Tate would beat Shevchenko. Without a doubt Shevchenko would win on the feet, but Tate would take her down and get a submission at some point in my opinion. Shevchenko is a counter striker which hurts against a fighter like Tate where you need to overwhelm her with aggression.

She's Holly Holm with worse grappling and cardio. I'd take Zingano, Tate, Pena, and Nunes in a rematch over Shevchenko.
LOL, come on now. She is better than Holm in all facets of MMA, how can you be so stupid to criticize her cardio? She was doing great in all of the rounds. She will beat Nunes. Zingano, Pena, Tate would just run into her punches

Yeah cause we know your hype princess shevechenko cant stop takedowns

No wonder you fanboys dont want this fight lol
Didn't you see her stuff Nunes' takedowns? I would pick Shevchenko to beat Miesha pretty easily lol.

yes give Miesha this fight so she can arm triangle Valentina

Back