Tate vs Shevchenko

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If Pena does get the next title shot, could this be the fight to make?

Who do you think would take it?

After seeing even Ronda piece Tate up on the feet, I would have no problem with taking Shevchenko to do the same - but more. And although she does have some nice takedown finishes, they mostly involve running at her opponent - which is obvious and quite easy to avoid if you can pivot or if you can make her freeze (like Nunes did).

I was thinking of this fight too. The title picture is pretty messy at this point.

I don't know if it is the fight to make. I also wonder how long till we see Miesha inside the octagon. Valentina is on the rise and should get a fight soon, to solidify her status.

I hope it does happen and Miesha tries to box her

I don't think they'll make this matchup right now, nor should they. Valentina is on the cusp of a title shot and Tate just lost in brutal fashion.

In any event, I would expect Shevchenko to win. She's good in the clinch and I don't think Tate would last long against her on the feet.

Nah, give Valentina a title shot. Holly is a better win than Zingano imo.

Ummmm ya... If you think Tate got lit up by Nunes, that ain't nothing like what you would see from Shevchenko. Lights for days.....

I'm not thrilled about this fight. I think Meisha wins it in very boring, grinding fashion. She has the tank to impose her wrestling for 5 rounds if need be.

Unlike Holly....Shev can be aggressive and I really dont think Tate head first run into you will do her well here. Also its a fight if Tate lose, then it wont look for her future. too risky from matchmaking side. Give Tate an easy fight

Back