Tarec Saffiedine injured out of Matt Brown fight. Rory should replace him?

I wish we could compile data on how these dudes are getting hurt in training so we can see the fucking problem here. Got damn nit

dang, someone has their black belt....in six sigma! collectin that data and performing root cause analysis, go you! make sure you pareto the data and have your fault trees done by COB today so that they are ready for tomorrow's upper management briefing.

I can see it being someone weird.
Someone like Ben Saunders, I imagine. Coming off a win and being willing to step up while guys like Rory will see it as a risky fight to take on such short notice.

For some reason I can't see Rory accepting the fight, though I'd love to see it. I was actually really excited to see Brown vs. Saffiedine. I wanted to see if Matt could convince Tarec to trade or if Tarec would just hop around on the outside outpointing him. Shame we won't get to see it. But I'd be happy watching Matt go up against pretty much anyone.

I want Rory to get one really tough test before getting his shot.

Some guys go through hell to get a shot, and other guys like Jacare and Rory, look like the matchmaker planned their path to the title.
It's very good matchmaking (if they want those two to succeed) and very poor matchmaking (if it just turned out that way).

Lombard or Thiago Alves if they win their fights without being injured.

Brown is coming off a loss. Rory is the rightful #1 contender. So no!

Someone like Ben Saunders, I imagine. Coming off a win and being willing to step up while guys like Rory will see it as a risky fight to take on such short notice.

I agree 100%! It's going to be some lower tier fighter that no one is going to be happy with. No high ranking fighter will take this fight on short notice and why should they? Why should Rory , Lombard etc do any favors and save the UFC from making bad cards that are solely dependent on one fight?

tumblr_lsqalzGNII1qawewr.gif

Hasn't even been a day past 2015 and already there's an injury

lol true :D

So this is the mythical year 2015 where everything will be better.

oh no wait actually this is that other 2015 where the first main event gets cancelled on the very first day of the year.

Some guys go through hell to get a shot, and other guys like Jacare and Rory, look like the matchmaker planned their path to the title.
It's very good matchmaking (if they want those two to succeed) and very poor matchmaking (if it just turned out that way).

what happened man? you were all over woodley's nuts before the rory fight, proclaiming that he was too ATHLETIC and too EXPLOSIVE for rory. in fact, you said that "Woodley is going to smack him and ragdoll his skinny ass". and now you're saying that fight wasn't a "really tough test" for rory? my how your tone has changed, you little rory hater, you.

Rory is lined for a shot dude. Brown is coming off a loss so I say give him Hendrix. Winner gets next shot? What's up Sherdog?

So this is the mythical year 2015 where everything will be better.

oh no wait actually this is that other 2015 where the first main event gets cancelled on the very first day of the year.

Nothing special about today it's just January 1. 2015 will be a year full of injuries again which is the new norm.

Yes Rory has been getting an easy run: Saffiedine, Woodley, Maia,, Lawler, Elenberger, Penn compared to guys like Brown who go through hell: Lawler, Eric Silva, Pyle, Mein, Swick

Yes its hard to type that without laughing.

Whoa, these were my thoughts as well. I'd love to see Ben Saunders take that fight.

Lombard or Thiago Alves if they win their fights without being injured.

lombard fights this weekend, so thatd work.. but alves? no way, thats like 2 weeeks before the event... in colorado.. just no way, unless he pulls out of his fight with mein, which would workout in his favor tbh.

Woodley or Kim are really the only ones who have anything to gain from taking it, other than much lower ranked fighters. Hendricks is still close enough to a title shot so unless he thinks Brown is an easy win why should he take a short notice fight?

Back