Tarec Saffiedine injured out of Matt Brown fight. Rory should replace him?

Let him fight Johny Hendricks. I'm sure they would both agree to it.

giphy.gif

Goddamn it, where is Carlos Condit when you need him? Alas, how about Dong Hyun Kim rematch?

Rory needs to stay active and has no fights lined up as far as I know. So he makes the most sense to me.

God damn Tarec can't stay healthy.

In reality, whoever will be a new opponent of Brown depends on who gets the title shot. If it's Hendricks, than Rory may step in to fight Brown. If it's Lombard, than Hendricks vs Brown. If it's Diaz should he beat Silva, than... let's not think about it.

Maybe if Lombard wins in two days, he can have a quick turn around and fight Brown? Or maybe Story step up.

I wish we could compile data on how these dudes are getting hurt in training so we can see the fucking problem here. Got damn nit

So Rory should go from number 1 contender, to stepping in for the guy he just knocked out for a short notice fight? If I was Rory, I would want the Brown fight pushed back at least a month, and a guaranteed title shot to accept this, otherwise it would be the middle finger for the UFC.

It does not make a lot of sense for MacDonald to take this fight, other than a healthy pay day. I can understand him staying pat for a bit. Much like Carlos Condit after he defeated Diaz at UFC 143 and then waiting for the big money unification fight with GSP fight later that year.

Johny Hendricks makes a lot of sense as both he and Brown lost to Lawler in their most recent fights, but I can't see him taking the fight on six weeks notice. Especially after his grueling last fight, and the weight he carries between training camps. Colorado altitude could make him gunshy on taking the fight.

If Condit is not ready to go, and from most recent reports he indicated that he hoped to return in March/April, then a rematch with Kim probably makes the most sense for Brown. Both Brown and Kim are coming off losses, and have a history/story line with a controversial decision several years ago (UFC 88!).

Last edited:
There is so much better fights for Brown than Tarec, like Rory, Hendricks, Condit.

Whoever steps in between these 3 (I would add Lombard, but he is going to fight in two days) is going to make the fight more interesting for me, anyway, I hope it's Rory.

Back