tapping out higher belts

Well i get my first lesson jan 3rd, so i will let u guys know how many times i tapped out heh, anyone got any good advice?

those of you guys wondering hhow you know when you're close to a blue, this is how my coach does it.
He'll pull me aside, and say, I want you to roll with x, and don't go easy. I know straight away he's seeing if this guys ready. I wn't go easy but I'll really push these guys. If he's holding his own in these conditions then it doesn't suprise me if he comes in a few days later with a new color.
Speaking from a mid level blues perspective, I have no doubts about the purple's abilities when I'm beating them. I've seen some of these guys tear up browns in competitions.
Watch some of the blues you think you're beating in a comp. See if you notice the difference in intensity.
That said, a lot of guys roll hard all the time. And it can be hard to tell people's level. There's a new guy who just recieved his blue, and I know at least 5 white belts who I think are way, way, above his level (and a few other blue's level too for that matter)
It sounds bad, but I've also noticed guys that the coach doesn't get along with seem to have to wait longer to get stripes/belts.
That said I've only had my blue for about a year and a half, so I'm still a beginner. Just comments from my observations

I never " give " up position against a better fighter- they just take it. I only go easy on new people, kids in the club, and injured people. I totally feel the team atmosphere at my club and that's why I feel it is important to always do my best against the guys- because it makes them better to have work hard against me. Also, they feel good when they tap me because they know it took effort and technique to get the tap.

Those who say learning is training are so right. Being on the same team means that you hang out and have fun, but with our club it also means you push each other to excell.

Use each training session as a learning experience. Rolling with guys below your level, try to give up some positions and work on your weaknesses. Roll with guys your level or higher means you're trying your techniques to see if you have already mastered them.

Rahter than brag about who you tapped i your club isn't really doing you any good. You should all feed off each other and learn. Save that energy for the competitions

This is why there shouldn't be belts. We all have 2 arns 2 legs and are all capable of tapping anyone out. A new be might tap jacre who knows

One of the reasons I like no gi more

PAVMENT=MATT said:
This is why there shouldn't be belts. We all have 2 arns 2 legs and are all capable of tapping anyone out. A new be might tap jacre who knows

Back