Tank Abbott had no heart

In recent interviews, Tank Abbott is always calling modern fighters pussies and "fake" fighters. As if he was the standard for what a "real" fighter looked like.

Tank himself was a bully in the ring and once he wasn't able to bully his opponent he gave up. He very rarely displayed any kind of cardio or any heart in the ring. At least someone like Mark Coleman who had shit conditioning still tried to win after gassing out.

Tank was never the "real man" that he hyped himself and his fans up to be. Don Frye, Mark Coleman, Frank Shamrock, Dan Severn—these were real men. Tank couldn't hold a candle to them.
Go fück yourself. Coleman was a world class wrestler, Tank was literally a barroom brawler that showed up to fight drunk as a skunk against trained killers.
The real question is, where is you’re heart or courage, TS? You spend your time shitting on the real warriors, from the comfort of your jerk-off-station, while never having the heart or courage to compete in MMA, yourself. Pathetic.

Tank is a majestic beast that must be protected at all costs

thesportstattoo-2023-06-18T151143.329.jpg

Tank is a majestic beast that must be protected at all costs

thesportstattoo-2023-06-18T151143.329.jpg

I like Tank, he’s not just a meathead. I met him once in Denver many years ago. He had ‘a crew’ with him that would’ve made Hells Angels gang-members think twice. I’m actually a little surprised he hasn’t had heart failure or something bad happen. Even in his prime he would’ve been heaving after running up the street, hehe.

No noob ,watch the Oleg fight. (Who should be in the hof ffs) tank had heart at a time. Than the gimmick got to him. Even the Severn fight go back and watch he took a beating, never once was gonna quit to mercury.
This is what drives me nuts about noobs, they watch some fights and know everything.
Don't get me wrong, there are Awesome people that are newer to the sport and actually watch, read, want to learn the history. There's nothing worse than a person that literally watched UFC 1live, on viewers choice lolll. And act like a snob.. but I can't stand the noobs that look at fight finder. (To this day one of the things that saved mma. And I mean that)
That haven't seen the fights. Read the books about the history of MMA or the UFC. But they sure know. This thread perfect example
Tank belongs in the hof as well . His name was synonymous with the UFC.

Go fück yourself. Coleman was a world class wrestler, Tank was literally a barroom brawler that showed up to fight drunk as a skunk against trained killers.
The real question is, where is you’re heart or courage, TS? You spend your time shitting on the real warriors, from the comfort of your jerk-off-station, while never having the heart or courage to compete in MMA, yourself. Pathetic.

I don't think TS is suggesting he himself is tough or a fighter. He's pointing out that Tank Abbott wasn't any tougher than modern fighters. I mean how exactly is Tank tougher than that lardboy Parker Porter?

He gets talked about today because of the era that he fought in, not because he had any skills or exhibited any toughness in the cage.

I always enjoyed watching him fight. I think the pinnacle of his career was knocking
out the hyped Hugo Duarte who was undefeated, while Tank had lost three out
of his last four fights. Same card where Pete Williams KO'd Mark Coleman in a
huge upset.

I agree with Tank and Don. Fighters nowadays are softer than back in the day. Posting on twitter, coloring their hair, painting their fingernails, etc. Teenage girls do that shit.

I agree with Tank and Don. Fighters nowadays are softer than back in the day. Posting on twitter, coloring their hair, painting their fingernails, etc. Teenage girls do that shit.

I will never understand why people judge fighters by what they do outside of the ring. Yeah sure Israel Adesanya dyed his hair pink and fondled his dog but guess what he never tapped out to strikes like Tank Abbott did.

I like Tank, he’s not just a meathead. I met him once in Denver many years ago. He had ‘a crew’ with him that would’ve made Hells Angels gang-members think twice. I’m actually a little surprised he hasn’t had heart failure or something bad happen. Even in his prime he would’ve been heaving after running up the street, hehe.

Tank is an articulate dude. I never got the impression that he was dumb at all. But he was lazy and probably a bit of a sociopath.

Maybe at the end of his career this was fair to say.

But not during his competitive stage of his career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back