Tallest guy with good ground game?

wallsac

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Who is the tallest guy out there- either in ADCC or MMA or just straight BJJ competitions- who has a really good ground game. I just went to a BJJ class for the first time in years (I had about 6 weeks of training about 2 years ago) and obviously got my ass kicked all night.
I'm 6'6" and would like to see video of a really tall guy and how he works his BJJ.
Any people that come to mind?

Pe de pano, werdum, Minotauro, Jon Olav einemo.... there are so many that are ver 6' 4''

Ya, Pano and Werdum are really tall. How tall is Jacare? He is taller than I am that's for sure. Being tall can give you and advantage in putting on the tri-angle, I roll with a guy 6'2" his legs are so long he can triangle me without having to reach for his foot.

The best competitor in the grappling circuit right now is a 6'4" dude named Roger Gracie.

allistair overeems ground game seems pretty good, but as others have said theres roger gracie

If you could possibly get Roger Gracie's game down... you'd be a force.

Pe de Pano is about 6' 4". I'm 6'2" and when I stood next to the guy he was taller than me by about 2 inches or so. However, his game is a small man's game (cross guard and some de la riva guard). Not exactly your prototypical big man's game.

Giant Silva trained BJJ a bit. (ok, his jiu-jitsu bites)

6'8" Ricardo Morais was a champ in ADCC at least once. He kept a low profile though.

Ricardo Morais ADCC champ? This is news to me................

Roger Gracie, Rodrigo Nogueira, Fabricio Werdum.

How tall is Jeff Monson? He won the Over 99KG category at the ADCC this year.

sakufan said:
Ricardo Morais ADCC champ? This is news to me................

Yeah, Morais never won.

*scratches head* I could've sworn that he did. ADCC's site actually makes some sence now... and yeah, he never won. He made it to the semi finals more than once.

monson is 6" i think, he's not really that tall

Back