take your best guess at the opening betting line of Jones vs these HWs

Hard to say without knowing if he can take a bomb from Hunt/Nelson/JDS.

Cain would be around -200. JDS and Werdum would be very slight underdogs. Stipe and Browne around +180. The rest would be underdogs.

What was Cormier ranked at HW? No.2? So there are only 2 good UFC heavyweights?

I said pretty much. The ones I would exclude are those built like Cormier, meaning Hunt and Nelson. Guys who would smash Jones include Bigfoot, Browne, Werdum and Rothwell.

I think he is a moderate favorite against all but Miocic, Dos Santos, Werdum and Cain. Remember that fighting a HW is totally different from fighting a HW that just got done cutting down to LHW. Midn you, I still think Jones is the favorite against most of those guys, but we don't know for sure yet how well he can take a full force punch from a HW who isn't trying to cut himself down. With guys with that size and power, a strike that even only partially lands can easily change the whole course of the fight. It really does make that puncher's chance way, way larger.

Jones not only has the reach at HW, he also adds a big speed advantage against most. Top 5 odds easily.

Worst matchups = JDS, Werdum, Cain, Miocic
Best Matchups = Nelson, Mitrione

He'd be an underdog against JDS, Werdum and Cain. Even/favored against most of the others

Back