Take a moment to appreciate Jose Aldo.

Agnawedbone

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This guy could retire today a top five p4p all time great, but after ten years of dominating top fighters and facing the first loss of his career at featherweight Jose is still determined as ever to go after the best of the best and show everyone what a real champion acts like.

After finally getting his belt back after a year of calling out the champion he immediately signed on to fight the next best fighter in the division. No hesition, no negotiation, no bitching.

Then when his opponent pulls out, what does Aldo do? He calls out the best fighter in the division ABOVE him. No sitting on the shelf or asking for an easy road here.

And why? So he can EARN, not be given, but EARN a shot at the only man to beat him in his own division.

Even though it's unlikely to happen, we should all take a moment to say our thanks that there are still real fighters in this sport and not everyone is trying to call out barely ranked or outright retired fighters.

WAR Aldo the Fearless.

One of the best fighters and a classy man. Respect

I'm sure it has nothing whatsoever to do with money either.

Kidding, but actually, Aldo is definitely one of the good ones, and I agree with the spirit of the OP.

He is great but he did give up an opportunity for a rematch that he should've taken.
And he did get ktfo in 13 seconds.

great fighter no doubt

the King! .... of pulling out of fights....

I'm sure it has nothing whatsoever to do with money either.

Kidding, but actually, Aldo is definitely one of the good ones, and I agree with the spirit of the OP.

If it was about money he would have called out someone like Nate Diaz, a much better match up for him and still a good road to Conor.

No one calls out Khabib Nurmagomedov for a paycheck.

great fighter no doubt

the King! .... of pulling out of fights....
jack-nicholson-middle-finger.gif

He is great but he did give up an opportunity for a rematch that he should've taken.

How could you still pretend that matters when he's willing to go to such lengths to avenge his mistakes?

Give Aldo a break he has been diagnosed as having Post MacGregor Syndrome (PMS).

To be considered as one of the best. You must have many years of fighting, and beating the best. Not hand picking fights. But by fighting all comers... PERIOD.

Like Joanna says... Who's next ? Like GSP always said...I want to fight the best in the world.

Set em up... I'll knock em down.

Aldo is one of these types. Only having 7 defences in the time you should have had 10. Is a bit of a drawback, though. But it certainly is not ducking the best.

He belongs in GOAT discussions. But, the pulling out, or having less fights than should be expected, due to injury. Make it impossible for me to put him at the top of the GOAT list. But he is on it.

Respect.

LOL Are you fucking serious? ...He should have taken a fight with Conor at 155, on 10 days notice, having just come off a medical suspension?

There's a reason why Nate took it: 1) they agreed on 170 and Nate is a good sized LW to begin with 2) Nate has never held a UFC belt, was nowhere close to a title shot at the time and 3) on the last leg of his career and still making peanuts

overrated. Fought mini fights his whole career. Shadow of the fighter he was in WEC.

Pull out merchant. Expects people to bow to him because he was the champ. Bitter. Mentally unstable. 13 seconds

He belongs in GOAT discussions. But, the pulling out, or having less fights than should be expected, due to injury. Make it impossible for me to put him at the top of the GOAT list.

Aldo pulled out of 5 UFC title fights

Jones pulled out of 5 UFC title fights (some due to injuries, some due to refusing to fight a bloated MW on late notice, some due to suspensions caused by personal fuckups)

GSP pulled out of 4 UFC title fights

point is: When you are a long-standing champion, odds are that you will be pulling out of many fights. Aldo is far from being unique in that regard: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/7...t-of-fighters-who-pull-out-of-the-most-fights

If he sticks around he could probably get another burger joint thanks to conor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back