Takanori Gomi - Rate these PRIDE hands out of 10??? Do you hespect Gomi?

How good was The Fireball Kid Takanori Gomi???

• Total voters
Pride was concerned about getting Mach Sakurai and the number he'd cut to. Your premise is faulty and you're dumb as fuck.
The premise of 73, 83, 93 is faulty?

You can't even explain why 155 should be a thing to Pride. Why not 153 or 154 or 156 or 157?

But, no, you insist there is something special about 155, and Pride wanted it for some reason but for some other reason decided against it. You must realize how effing insane you sound.

You're just a Murican racist cunt.

Regarded as LW goat yet a prime BJ bested him....
bj penn literally put on his own event in Hawaii and got gomi to come fight him in the main event to prove who was number 1 at the time. Probably will never see someone do something like that ever again. I never even see it get mentioned. Just shows Bj penn was a true fighter. He fought to be the best. Weight didn’t matter. He took the belt from Hughes and left ufc to use it as leverage to fight the top guys in the world that he wanted to test. Bj penn was special

You can't even explain why 155 should be a thing to Pride. Why not 153 or 154 or 156 or 157?

But, no, you insist there is something special about 155, and Pride wanted it for some reason but for some other reason decided against it. You must realize how effing insane you sound.

You're just a Murican racist cunt.

the unit of measurement is interchangeable moron, whether or not you're specifically using metric is irrelevant because regardless of the unit of measurement it weighs the same.

Your premise as to why they chose 160 or whatever the equivalent is has nothing to do with the classification or unit of measure it's what Mach Sakurai was willing to cut to.

You're so dumb it's astounding.

I mean in themselves they arent a bad thing of course but if a fighter is described as having "sound fundamentals" I always think its not a great reflection of them, that this it the best thing you can highlight.

I think that when saying a fighter has "sound fundamentals" mainly refers to not having glaring weaknesses; that it's unlikely he will look as if he doesnt belong in any area. So I'd say it rather refers to the deffensive aspect of fighting.

9/10
If he had finished Nick I would say 10/10

Always fun watching Gomi putting his hands on his opponents in Pride.

I suspect what happened was when Pride was adding divisions other than HW they saw that 205lbs was already pretty well established in the UFC so they did a metric version of that at 93 KG and then just had divisions below 10 KG less each time as the smaller divisions were much less established.

That they set it up for Sakurari doesnt make sense since he actually started off fighting at 83 KG in Pride not 73 KG, he only moved down to Prides LW division in 2005.

Back