Takanori Gomi - Rate these PRIDE hands out of 10??? Do you hespect Gomi?

How good was The Fireball Kid Takanori Gomi???

• Total voters
An OG Banger and a lifelong disciple of Just Bleed. Takanori Gomi is a legend of MMA, one of the best LWs to ever do it, and a solid 8.6/10 in any MMA video game worth it's salt.

PRIDE had a 161 lb division because they wanted Mach Sakurai to be their champ, he was a huge deal before the car accident at 170 and was either too lazy (assumption) or couldn't make 155 so they made 160 for him. Gomi happened and everything ended up squaresies anyways,
Japan uses the metric system.

LW - 73kg
WW - 83kg
MW - 93kg

Why would they throw in a random "155 lbs" weight class?

90% of everything I read or hear about Asia is made up shit. But because Asians are considered crazy, any crazy shit anyone says about them must therefore be true.

That was a much weaker FW division than today's. Iaquinta and Felder are much better, more fundamentally sound strikers than Gomi ever was, just not as hard hitting.
Neither of them have the consistent body work Gomi had and the nice cross counter he used.

Not getting in the beef, just curious of who you trained.

That’s pretty cool I never knew that about you man.
I never trained anyone worth a damn, like most kids, they come in, train up, stay awhile and leave. Either finding another gym or like me, realize that becoming a pro isn't worth it when you make more working a full time job lol.

Japan uses the metric system.

LW - 73kg
WW - 83kg
MW - 93kg

Why would they throw in a random "155 lbs" weight class?

90% of everything I read or hear about Asia is made up shit. But because Asians are considered crazy, any crazy shit anyone says about them must therefore be true.
Because its true, Shooto had 154.3 lbs for WW, Sakurai didn't want to cut weight and they made 160 lol

I hate the end of his career...it went down so fast. I remember watching myles jury just toy with him and crush him, I knew it was the end. He went on to lose like 6 in a row all in the first round. He deserved a better ending but then again how many legends end on top when they arent ducking anderson silva and the entire mw division. Bones may go out on top but all the other legends who have fought bravely have gone down to younger hungrier lions.

Because its true, Shooto had 154.3 lbs for WW, Sakurai didn't want to cut weight and they made 160 lol
Japan uses metric. "160lbs" isn't a thing.

LW - 73kg, WW - 83kg, MW - 93kg. This makes perfect sense.

In what world does "LW - 155lbs, WW - 83kg, MW - 93kg" make sense?

Why I'm I expecting reason from a sub-intellect racist Murican?

He's like a lw vitor Belfort to me. Heavy hands ko power but almost never can fight his way out of a deficit. His confidence goes down when a fighter pulls ahead. Frontrunner.

1678t1s.gif
So you proved him right?

Who was he fighting when he continued to attack after the guy was KOed? UFC needs more of that.

Who was he fighting when he continued to attack after the guy was KOed? UFC needs more of that.
Tbf to gomi,he never did that again. I think he just lost it. But....the way he acted after he "came out if it" made me lose alot of respect for him. How dare he celebrate that victory. Chute boxe was extremely angry at him and he is lucky they didn't stomp him out for that.

Back