Tactical Barbell and other stuff

Tirofijo2001

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm just getting started with Tactical Barbell's Base Building (BB). Once the BB is done, I'll switch to Operator + Black

I'm following the 17 week Law Enforcement Sample Program as outlined in Tactical Barbell 2 (Conditioning)

I've had various injuries/surgeries and have to work around a few things. I'll mention them when appropriate.

Day 6
resting heart rate 53 bpm
Long Steady State (running)
33 minutes on treadmill.
Avg heart rate 137
Knee is still a bit sore from twisting it a few weeks ago. Decided to end at 33 minutes rather than aggravate it.

Week 2 Day 1
Strength Endurance Cluster
3x30

Overhead press
Front Squat
Rows (Pendlay)
Bench (close grip, phone book on chest)
Shrugs
Stiff leg dead lift

65lbs (except for overhead press. Started that with 65, then dropped to 55 for second set, did third set with just bar)
Broke most of the sets as 20 rest/pause 10.

I've recently moved my hands closer together on the bench and making an effort to keep my elbows from flaring. I had shoulder issues and a want to do what I can to keep them healthy. Feel like i'm starting to get it grooved in but the test will be when I start the true strength portion of Tactical Barbell. I'm sure my numbers are going to be less with the close grip.

Spent the morning on the range working the pistol at 25 yards.

Week 2 Day 2
LSS 40 minute run.

90 degrees plus.

Knee felt good. No pain. Might be a little bit stiffer, but definitely getting better after twisting it a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't have HRM. Checked it a few times and HR was close to 160. Too high.

Week 2 Day 3

Did a very shallow 40 minute dive and then waited a few hours before working out.

LSS 40 minute run on treadmill

Had heart rate monitor, so was able to keep an AVG HR of 140

No issues. I'm liking a structured program.

Went to bed very tired, but that is normal after diving.

Hitting the range on Friday, and SCUBA (?) on Monday. I want this life.

Haha. Range becomes work after a while. I'm usually running it, so it's more supervising and not enough shooting.

Scuba is for fun (and was on Sunday). Im taking the advanced open water course right now (which really isn't advanced at all, and neither am I.). But i need it to be allowed to do some deep dives and participate in night dives.

Week 2 Day 5
17 week LE sample program
SE
2x30
65lbs

Sets are becoming easier.

Week 2 Day 6 of LE Sample program
Long Steady State run
60 min
avg HR 147
I was down to a slow shuffle at the end just to keep the heart rate down (and I think 150 is probably overestimating the top end of the proper heart rate zone.) Will try to keep it around 140 going forward.

17 week LE sample template
Week 3 Day 1
I'm a day behind schedule. Work got in the way yesterday, so I missed a workout.

SE cluster - same as above
3x40

8/15/2016

LSS run
50 min
Treadmill
Kept the speed slower than previously. Avg heart rate was low 130s, which is probably where it should have been.

8/16/2016
LSS
C2 rower x 20 minutes
Treadmill x15 min
Air dyne x15 min

8/17/2016
Week 3 Day 3
Strength Endurance session.
2x40
same exercises as above. I'm getting more reps before I have to break the sets and I'm not resting as long between sets. There's been some clear improvement.

8/18/2016
LSS
30 minute run on treadmill

8/19/2016
Plan called for 120 minute ruck. I didn't want to do that, so I substituted it with a 1:15 minute run outside. Avg HR at 145. It crept up as the run progressed.

8/20/2016
Rest day

8/21/2016
SE 1x50 same cluster as above

8/22/2016
LSS
60 min run on treadmill.
Avg HR 130

8/23/2016
LSS
20 min treadmill
25 elliptical (yeah, I know)
15 row (rowing felt better than previously. Nice change from running.)
avg 131

knees were a little sore so did part of the workout on elliptical and Concept rower.

Back