Tactic for Reem to beat Jairzinho and what's next for him if he does.

giphy.gif

wwe-beer-cans-chug-gif-3558425.gif

He wasted almost all that beer

Jairzinho is black as fuck... He makes Overeem look Caucasian when they are next to each other.

I'm on the hype train if he wins tonight.

He used to in the past, he's skilled on the ground, definitely more skilled than Rozenstruik. If he learned from his mistake he will immediately clinch up and go for the trip

It was meant more as a joke. On the other hand it is nice to know that some here realize that there is "combat" outside of the UFC/MMA .

I think Dana White must fucking hate Overeem.

world class striking ...

<31>

i mean you think that werdums muay thai is high level .. so.

Werdum muay thai is very high level same with Overeem muay thai. However boxing skills sucks, Overeem throws lot of looping punches with no guard same with Werdum f.e. Miocic fight. Overeem / Werdum have great knees, kicks and thai clinch but hands are average

Overeem, needs to jab at length non stop.

If he let's this guy within reach, he's done.

Pavlovich freaked out the moment he was on his back. Rozen is a lot more composed and defensively minded. He does barely anything, but this saves energy and prevents him from doing stupid moves. He is serviceable off his back I would say (for heavyweight). And in the HW division where there is not a whole lot good wrestlers (besides Blaydes) this is actually a legit tactic!
Kinda see what you're saying after the fight, but I still wouldn't say palvolich is "a lot" worse. If alistar would have keep taking him down, I think he would have found the finish. BUT he kept it on the feet and we saw what happened smh

@Willy Knuckles yeah, but "keep taking him down" for 5 rounds is a tall order when 1. you are not that crafty of a wrestler and 2. you are old as shit and you don't have the cardio.
Blaydes is young, big, athletic, has cardio and has better wrestling shot. He could pull this wrestling tactic off for 5 rounds - Reem not so much. If this was 3 rounder it would be different maybe.

I honestly expected Jair to be more in the face of Reem and to make him do stupid moves, to freak out. He was saying in interviews that he will pressure from the start in order to create opportunities for counters, like vs Arlovski. I think he, as a lot of inexperienced UFC HWs, got some octagon jitters when faced with legend like Overeem. You can see he was overly concerned with what Overeem will do and was not trying anything but reacting to him. I wasn't really expecting that, I really thought Rozen will knock him out like Ngannou did, but in more clean and precise way, not with a looney toons punch, but some good clean counter, not a lot of wind up, if any. That was I expected.

Back