Tactic for Reem to beat Jairzinho and what's next for him if he does.

The chin is wide open. Because......

giphy.gif

<5><seedat>

From what I remember Jarzinho was extremely calm on the ground when taken there, took no punishment and found a way back to the feet somewhat quickly.

I don't know where Reem goes.

Maybe kicks to the flank and covering up like he never wants to take a head shot.

Rozenstruik almost got finished on the ground by the Diaper King.

Which is it boys?

Overeem can easily take a decision or win by ko if he is careful.

If he is CAREFUL.

Hes a cocky guy. His last 2 wins give him a false confidence that he can stand and strike with Jair.
Maybe.

But Reem can strike with anyone, just as long as he remembers his defense.

Has to follow the struve plan imo. Take him down with a waistlock or from the clinch and pound him out from there. Reems topgame is actually quite good. Shouldn't be too much of an issue if he doesn't get sparked out in the first exchange.

Reem needs to do everything humanly possible to ensure that Jair does not touch him anywhere near his jaw/head/chest area, I’m thinking even a shockwave from a body shot could loosen Reem from consciousness. And Jairzinho could punch a hole through a brick, so there is that.

If Overeem gets into the clinch, it's over for Rozenstruik. If Overeem is stupid and starts trading punches , it could end bad for him.

I'm huge Overeem fan. But I'm worried about him. He had lot of brutal KO losses in his career, he's 40 years old and he looked much slower in his last 2 fights despite KO wins.

Jairzinho is undefeated fighter with scary KO power and world class striking skills. He's relatively young for heavyweight division. My prediction is Rozenstruik knock him out early, but I hope I'm wrong.

If Overeem will try to exchange his looping punches especially hooks like he did against Rothwell or Ngannou then Jairzinho probably knocks him out. Overeem should be patient, wait for the counter and bait him in there.

Double or single leg takedowns attempts are bad idea as well just like being over aggressive. Rozenstruik have speed advantage and he can counter him.

Overeem have size advantage, strength advantage and he's more well rounded. Clinch is the perfect idea because he can use his knees, elbows and take him down from there. Rozenstruik is a striker so Reem is probably superior grappler and his gnp is nasty.

But every fight starts on the feet. So Overeem should avoid wild exchanges with him and dont become stationary target next to the fence like he does sometimes.

Reem have the highest strikes accuracy so he should use his kicks and switch stances like he did against JDS.

If Overeem wins this one he will (and he should) call out Ngannou because only this victory will guarantee him title shot. I know its even more dangerous fight than Jairzinho however if he wants title shot its the only opportunity.
jairzinho is farrrr from world class striking skills. although he does have world class power

Overeem won't stand with Rozenstruik. No way. He will try to take him down and use the lack of grapple experience of Rozenstruik to his advantage. Rozenstruik will surprise him though. 1st KO Rozenstruik.

I'm huge Overeem fan. But I'm worried about him. He had lot of brutal KO losses in his career, he's 40 years old and he looked much slower in his last 2 fights despite KO wins.

Jairzinho is undefeated fighter with scary KO power and world class striking skills. He's relatively young for heavyweight division. My prediction is Rozenstruik knock him out early, but I hope I'm wrong.

world class striking ...

<31>

i mean you think that werdums muay thai is high level .. so.

Reem needs to do everything humanly possible to ensure that Jair does not touch him anywhere near his jaw/head/chest area, I’m thinking even a shockwave from a body shot could loosen Reem from consciousness. And Jairzinho could punch a hole through a brick, so there is that.
I will never understand how Overeem could suddenly take a Hunt elbow while fucking running into it. All while at the same time you know a stiff breeze could knock him out. That and Arlovski chin-semi- Renaissance will always remain mysteries to me.

Noob question. How often does reem take it to the ground?
He used to in the past, he's skilled on the ground, definitely more skilled than Rozenstruik. If he learned from his mistake he will immediately clinch up and go for the trip

I think Overeem will pick shots carefully, hopefully use his awesome top game and clinch striking. I think he can win as long as he avoids wild exchanges.

I bet 70 on reem at -200.
Decent bet, kudos and good luck

My guess is, their kicking level is on par ?

Rozenstruik punches are crisp.
Overeem leaves a lot of openings. But punches with decent power and speed.

Knees and elbows, Overeem is slightly better.

I cheer for Overeem.

Pavlovich is a lot, and I mean a lot worse than Rozen off his back.
Sergey has a greco background, no bjj or anything. He is not at all used to be on his back. Not to mention that before his debut vs Reem he was finishing people in the first round and having very little in terms of fight time experience.
Rozen is lot calmer and composed under fire. First round KO for Jairzinho.
Yeah but Rozen has looked bad too and has no grappling background whatsoever. How can you say Pavlovich is a lot worse?

Back