Tabata method tricep-pushup problem

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Cardio, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Cardio

Cardio Blue Belt

I did the Tabata method with close-hand pushups, (the kind that works your tri's) and then for a week later I could not fully close or extend my arms. There is pain close to my elbows.
    I could not throw punches very good either.

But I noticed after a few days rest that my muslces are very tight around the elbow and I seem to be punching harder than normally...

Is it possible for muscles to take over a week to fully heal or did I probably injure something while strenghting my arms. Any tips to help avoid this pain, or is it benificial pain ("NO PAIN NO GAIN" - Hulkster)

2. Herculean

Herculean Purple Belt

sounds like u worked them pretty good , i would look at what you are eating , rest etc ... if thats fine then it might just take a few more of those workouts until it starts to recover quicker .. assuming you are eating fine etc ..

or if you have not worked out for a while . i know if i do not workout for a few months , after the first workout i do , it will pretty much take a week to recover .. and might be like that the next workout too.

3. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

it's not uncommon for people using new protocols or new to training to take a week to fully recover. In fact, It took me almost a week to recover from my last bout of tabata front squats.