tabata exercises

#1can

Blue Belt
Reaction score
what can be done in the comfort of my home, in front of my tv.

bodyweight squats are a good tabata exercise right?
what about pushups, pushups with a resistance band?
crunches? is that possible?

just things i can do on off-days....

Pretty much any exercise can be done with the tabata protocol. I've found pushups to be very challenging (and often end up on my knees by the last set), but squats, tuck jumps, burpees, plyo pushups, situps, pullups, etc. even weighted movements, can be done in the four minutes of death format.

plyo pushups easier than regular pushups?

yeah i can see pushups being an issssssssue

Urban said:
Pretty much any exercise can be done with the tabata protocol. I've found pushups to be very challenging (and often end up on my knees by the last set), but squats, tuck jumps, burpees, plyo pushups, situps, pullups, etc. even weighted movements, can be done in the four minutes of death format.

Urban, I recall you saying before that burpees aren't good for tabata because it takes two long to perform a burpee.

I like squats/front squats for tabata. Occassionally I'd do push-ups.

Burpees are an extreme killer done tabata style.. But you shouldnt begin with them if your not used to easier tabatas first...

#1can said:
pushups with a resistance band?
If you can do a full 8 sets of tabata pushups with a resistance band my hat goes off to you, I find it pretty damn hellish just doing them normally. Just about any dumbell movement could be used for tabata in front of the tv, if you use the right weight. I'm rather partial to doing vertical rows but the best stuff would be situps/crunches, pressups, bridgingand squats.

Back