Syndrome Linked To Smoking Weed Spikes In States With Legalized Marijuana

I don't smoke weed either but 'side effects that pale in comparison to cigarettes'? Cigarettes and alcohol can give you cancer and kill you, i'd say that was a pretty serious side effect.

It always makes me laugh how weed smokers act like it's some kind of wonder drug and is 'good for you' when other drugs aren't. The human body did not evolve to inhale ANY burning plant matter, it is never going to be good for you compared to not doing it at all, that is a fact.

Laughing at weed smokers for doing something healthier than drinking or cig smoking, the jokes on you. Try edibles and see how much better your joints feel. It's a massive anti inflam.

The level of sanctimonious health nut you have to be to scoff at weed smokers for an unhealthy habit is beyond me, better step away from the computer or phone, the human body never evolved to deal with such harmful RADIATION.

hey heres a thought, fix drug scheduling so actual legitimate research can be done

until that time everyone is gonna have to accept the fact that weed is considerably less harmful than many of our legal vices and legal medication

if you want to debate long term effects or real health consequences you should be talking to your legislators and government representatives to do something about drug scheduling

Laughing at weed smokers for doing something healthier than drinking or cig smoking, the jokes on you. Try edibles and see how much better your joints feel. It's a massive anti inflam.

The level of sanctimonious health nut you have to be to scoff at weed smokers for an unhealthy habit is beyond me, better step away from the computer or phone, the human body never evolved to deal with such harmful RADIATION.

Defensive pot head, calm down. You may have a point with edibles, my point was that the human lungs have evolved to breath our atmosphere, breathing in ANY burning plant matter is not going to be good for you as that isn't what the lungs are designed to do. That is a FACT, accept it.

Also the dumb argument about it being 'natural'. So is hemlock, try smoking or eating that.

lol this is bullshit through and through lmao "syndrome" what syndrome you're either smoking some pesticide or some other chemical they added to the crop or you're making shit up.

Pro-marijuana crowd: "It's healthy, natural, and has no negative side effects!"

*turns out it does have at least one negative side effect and, as many of us have said, it would be nice to make it legal so we can know what we're getting into after it becomes easier to research marijuana's effects*

Pro-marijuana crowd: "BUT IT'S NOT AS BAD AS ALCOHOL! OR CIGARETTES! THEY'RE WORSE! WORSE WORSE WORSE!"

I guess the pro-marijuana crowd really isn't interested in learning what this substance actually does so long as they can keep their "it's perfectly healthy and natural!" bragging rights... Otherwise, this rush into defense mode likely wouldn't happen. Frankly, I'd just like to use it knowing what it can do to me.
There is some truth to that. The reason it happens this way is that pot is illegal or illicit in most places, and when you're arguing for something being legal it's more politically effective to just deny the downside. That's an unfortunate problem when dealing with people who argue in bad faith- namely the religious anti-pot crowd. If you admit minor problems with the drug, you're just giving them ammo. If the side taking positive action against liberty- the Christians in this case- were forced to justify their positive action, then the justification would fall short. Rather, we have a situation where nobody is allowed by the bad actors to argue in good faith. It stifles the conversation.

Weed helps with my anxiety attacks and many other problems. Although I feel like I am having a stroke right now....time to hit the bong.

I love when they used "doubled". That could be an increase of 10 to 20 for all we know. I know a lot of people that smoke regularly and have for years. Never heard of this shit

So some people may have side affects from smoking every single day for 10 years. Wow, incredible.

My mom has Parkinson and her doctors are going to prescribe her some medicinal marijuana

See the signature

Pro-marijuana crowd: "It's healthy, natural, and has no negative side effects!"

*turns out it does have at least one negative side effect and, as many of us have said, it would be nice to make it legal so we can know what we're getting into after it becomes easier to research marijuana's effects*

Pro-marijuana crowd: "BUT IT'S NOT AS BAD AS ALCOHOL! OR CIGARETTES! THEY'RE WORSE! WORSE WORSE WORSE!"

I guess the pro-marijuana crowd really isn't interested in learning what this substance actually does so long as they can keep their "it's perfectly healthy and natural!" bragging rights... Otherwise, this rush into defense mode likely wouldn't happen. Frankly, I'd just like to use it knowing what it can do to me.

I don't know about the pro-marijuana crowd, but users have a pretty good idea what the substance does from conducting their own personal experiments. Then they share that info with other users. Over centuries of use word has gotten out. I'm all for more research, but somebody has to be pretty naive to think some crazy bad side-effect is going to be uncovered at this stage in the game. And if one person in 100k develops a gut problem that goes away by discontinuing use then so be it.

It's just not the same without some tobacco mix. In any form. Without tobacco, I cough my brains out. It also gives you a nice head rush, if you're a bong smoker.

Fuck that shit. Tainting good weed with tobacco is like pouring dirt on your ice cream. As for coughing, Nick Diaz says that's a good core-strength exercise. ;)

Now when I go on vacation I take Tylenol pm every night which I won't be doing when I go to Jamaica. Then again I'll have plenty of weed anyways.

Jamaica was the only time I ever scored before even leaving the airport. Then later at the resort it was offered for sale by one of the security guards. Lousy shit, but beggars can't be choosers.

Shouldn't surprise anyone. The more its researched, the more we'll learn about its long term effects and we'll only understand them more as time goes by.

We could probably learn a lot more about long term negative side effects if the DEA took it off schedule 1. Of course they don't because that would also open up research on the positive effects of marijuana.

I'm a heavy weed smoker and sometimes I'll wake up with a lot of pain coming from the gut area. I think this is it, rarely get it though.

jokes aside, my brother has this. He has to take multiple hot showers per day to soothe his stomach, I thought he was making it up at first

@DevilsLettuce This is a thread that could use your expertise
I've dealt with hundreds, probably thousands of medical patients and recreational smokers and I've never heard of this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It could have more to do with contaminants like pesticides than thc, just from my experience with the plant.

If people are smoking too much weed they should smoke less. When I had back pain I bought a new bed and that helped a lot.

I never smoke weed, only use edibles and a vaporizer. Never experienced an issue, been at it strong for 5 years.

Back