Survivor: Blood vs. Water (Caleb Dies After Train Accident)

You know it's bad when they allow that crocodile cryer Tyson to win. I mean really, he cried on cue during final tribal right when it was his turn to talk.

I hate Tyson because he's arrogant and talks a lot of shit, and yet he considers himself funny and fun-loving when he isn't. He's like one of those people who realizes he is an jerk but tries to play it off, except he has no charm or charisma. Charm goes a long way.

Pot, meet kettle.

You calling someone arrogant? You're not charming, either.

I liked Tyson his first season. He was a dick at first, then became funny. His second season, he was overshadowed by bigger personalities. This season, he recaptured some of his original sarcasm, but for God's sake man, east something. He still looks like a zombie.

Tyson redeemed himself. When he was on a different season he made one of the all time most boneheaded decisions. They explained to him how to vote and he would be safe and Russell told him to go another way and he got voted out.

I thought Hayden played a good game and was thinking things through. He wanted to pretend to vote for Tyson to flush out the idol and vote someone else out.

He convinced Ciera to draw rocks and stick to the plan when she or Katie could have easily have switched on the second vote to stay in the game and voted the other out.

When he was on redemption island he was working hard to convince Tina and Ciera's mom that the other three were evil and had to go so if he got to the finals he would have their votes.

I loved how Hayden actually worked hard toward the end. It seems the standard on Survivor isn't to campaign very hard or at least to not be as blunt as Hayden but it's standard procedure on Big Brother.

I heard an interview with Hayden where he said that his alliance (with Ciera) was ready to get rid of Tyson after Aras and Vytas but then Hayden changed his mind and decided he didn't trust Laura M. so they voted her out instead and planned on Tyson the next week. That ended up being the week they tried for Tyson but Ciera flipped and Caleb went home.

Last edited:
happy the best player won, I'm so tired of the butthurt jury giving it to the coat-tail riders. Russell Hantz should have gotten this kind of jury, he'd be a 2-time winner

Great season with lots of exciting tribal council moments. Glad Tyson won, he deserved it (though I was rooting for Hayden or Ciera). Glad Gervase got zero votes, the guy is pretty delusional. Without Tyson, Gervase would have been gone a long time ago.

Love Hayden and Ciera, want to see them again in the future.

If Laura M won the last redemption island challenge, she had a great shot of winning the last immunity challenge and probably would have won Survivor. It's too bad that the last redemption island challenge favored Tina.

Monica wasn't going to win with either Tyson/Gervase or Hayden/Ciera. Props to her for dominating the individual challenges.

Update: June 25, 2014

Caleb Bankston, Survivor Competitor, Dies at 26 in Railway Accident

Former Survivor competitor Caleb Bankston died after the train he was on derailed, according to multiple reports. The 26-year-old worked as a locomotive engineer/conductor at the Alabama Warrior Railway in Birmingham, Ala., and was working at the time of his death Tuesday. It's unclear what caused the accident.

Bankston competed last year on Survivor: Blood vs. Water alongside his fianc

I haven't watched survivor since season 3 in Kenya or whatever. I came in to this thread because I thought a competitor died filming. I am leaving disappointed.

I haven't watched survivor since season 3 in Kenya or whatever. I came in to this thread because I thought a competitor died filming. I am leaving disappointed.

LOL, same. I finished after the second season. I actually thought that was who died, but then I remember his name was Colby or something.

Caleb might have been the the most regular, normal dude to ever play the game. I say that as a compliment.

Caleb might have been the the most regular, normal dude to ever play the game. I say that as a compliment.

Probst_laugh.gif

Couldn't stand Colton but Caleb seemed like an onus guy. Complete opposites but maybe that's just tv.

Back