Surströmming - Have You Tried It?

being a Swede i have tried it. My father Loves it, they eat it in a flat bread with unions, potatoes and sour cream.
That's how you're supposed to eat it, not like how dumb ass Americans doing these challenges straight from the can are doing it.

I've heard it's pleasant done correctly.

Reactions: lsa
That's how you're supposed to eat it, not like how dumb ass Americans doing these challenges straight from the can are doing it.

Not much of a challenge then tho

A friend of mine lives in Sweden, where Surströmming originates from, and even he refuses to eat it.

If it smells so bad, that people are retching from the smell, and it's being compared to rotting catfish on a beach, mixed with feces, I'm out.

Have any of you Sherbros tried it? Would you if given the opportunity?

Never have, but I think I'd be fine eating it. I was good with durian, natto, and Korean spicy silk bug larvae that I can't remember the English word for.

Idk man, I feel like if it's being compared to a catfish rotting in the beach, mixed with fecal matter, that some onions, potatoes and flatbread aren't going to do much to cover up that rank smell and taste.

Maybe I'll give it a try someday, doubtful though.

I'm not a pussy. I'm gonna eat surstromming and ph's balut at the same time.

Eat durian for dessert.

I didn't find durian all that bad. The smell is a bit offensive, but not enough to make you wretch. It tasted like caramelized onions when I plugged my nose.

Drinking straight liquor is disgusting to many also, although this one seems like it would be hard to get over the initial hurdle.

Makes you wonder how it ever became a thing

There are plenty of foods I refuse to try, Haggis, balut eggs, but this..this is definitely a hell no.

No, and I won't. Just like super hot sauces. If you want to hate yourself and ingest all those slimey fluids; you do you.

Back