• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Supreme Court Allows Trump To Reverse Obama and Temporarily Enforce Trans Soldiers Ban

Just a morsel of red meat to keep his idiot base placated during the longest government shutdown in history.

Nobody in the military I know cares what there gender or sexual orientation is. What matters is the huge amount of baggage and non-deployability they bring. Completely combat ineffective in an austere environment where they dont have access to the services they need.

Pretty sad we deny people who want to give the ultimate sacrifice to serve their country.
you got part of it right, pretty sure this was just a ploy to get the government to pay for their surgery

Nobody in the military I know cares what there gender or sexual orientation is. What matters is the huge amount of baggage and non-deployability they bring. Completely combat ineffective in an austere environment where they dont have access to the services they need.

If it were narrowly tailored to combat roles, I'd be more sympathetic. I mean....it's clearly just red meat and that's been obvious ever since Trump randomly tweeted it out to distract from one of this scandals. But at least it would be coherent and make some sort of sense if it was so limited.

Doesn’t the US military employ more trans people than anyone or anything else on earth? Not sure if that’s true, but the number is very high. Can’t all be combat roles. This feels over inclusive.

na bud, the trans/gender issue is probably the one were I swing the furthest right with my views. I just dont understand it and am uncomfortable about how its being forced on us.

its called not being a cultist

Yeah, here's some insight into that and it's so predictable. Everyone remembers (well, clearly not) when the 'T' was forcibly added to the "banner" about a decade ago with the ENDA bill controversy and the internal battle it started.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...luence-children.3896843/page-9#post-148503729

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/22/supreme-court-trump-trans-ban/

"The Supreme Court announced Tuesday that it will allow President Donald Trump to temporarily enforce restrictions on transgender individuals serving in the military.

As is typical of orders of this nature, the Court gave no reason for its decision, though Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan noted their dissent.

The Trump administration first petitioned the Supreme Court to decide directly on the legality of the trans-soldiers ban, after federal trial judges in California, Washington, D.C., and Washington state issued orders prohibiting its enforcement. The plaintiffs in those lawsuits argue the policy violates a range of constitutional rights including the First Amendment, equal protection, and due process."

Obama wanted transgender soldiers. It's a good decision to reverse the Obama policy. You can't have soldiers who are mentally ill and taking hormone sex change therapy on the battlefield.

Discuss

I thought Jesus peeps were into tolerance and love?

I think since most Republicans are old white men, they hate gays because secretly they all want to blow a dude in the airport bathroom.
How many older elected GOP officials have been caught with a cack in their jaw, after being anti gay?
It is like they are afraid of what they secretly want.
Bob Allen(R) has my favorite all time excuse.
The antigay Republican member of the Florida House of Representatives was arrested in 2007 after offering to pay an undercover cop $20 for a blowie in a park bathroom. Allen maintained his innocence, insisting that he thought the undercover officer was trying to rob him, and that he only offered to pay to perform the sex act on him because he felt “intimidated” by his large muscles.

I think since most Republicans are old white men, they hate gays because secretly they all want to blow a dude in the airport bathroom.
How many older elected GOP officials have been caught with a cack in their jaw, after being anti gay?
It is like they are afraid of what they secretly want.
Bob Allen(R) has my favorite all time excuse.
The antigay Republican member of the Florida House of Representatives was arrested in 2007 after offering to pay an undercover cop $20 for a blowie in a park bathroom. Allen maintained his innocence, insisting that he thought the undercover officer was trying to rob him, and that he only offered to pay to perform the sex act on him because he felt “intimidated” by his large muscles.

A couple dozen at least, there's tons o down low young right-wing white nationalists in general; it's not limited to old Republican politicians. I think the shaming game the left plays with this is pretty reprehensible (and homophobic) but when you align yourself with and are responsible for tangible legislation that impacts people's lives and rights? It's kind of a different level.

Eds: I'd pause at calling them all "nationalists" in sense of how that's automatically equated with "supremacist" but definitely right-wing.

Last edited:
I am not in the military, so I have no idea how trans soldiers effect operations. And I doubt there are THAT many TG people trying to get into the military. So while I am against it on it's face because it discriminates, overall I am ambivalent because I just don't see it impacting that many people.

But I will also say this: Here is just one more in an ever growing number of examples of the conservative ethos of exclusion running perpendicular to the prevailing thought of inclusion.

This is something the Republican Party is going to have to work on if they want to survive. They are comprised of an ever larger share of an ever shrinking demographic.

In the 2018 Senate/HOR elections:

68% of the voters 18-24 voted D, to 31% R
66% of the voters 25-29 voted D, to 33% R

Both of those numbers are more than 10 points higher than just 2 years ago. Republican dogma is just hopelessly out of touch. I know young people are less likely to vote than old, and you better pray that stays the case. You better hope they all stay home in 2020. But with so many new young faces in put in place this time around, I think you are going to see a decent turnout.

See I don't see it as a shrinking demographic at all. Younger generations of white kids are more conservative as they feel they are coming in at the end of an era. They had nothing to do with the various past transgressions they are getting blamed and demonized for every day at school and they are pissed off.

If every white person voted Republican, the Rs would dominate for some time still. All we really need is for the old, out of touch white liberals to die off and for the current crop of millennial white liberals to move out of mom's basement, enter the job market, realize they've been conned and switch teams.

There is no logical reason for a young white person to vote Democrat. It's all emotion and subjective morality. Once they leave college and enter the workforce they will become more conservative, especislly if they have the audacity to be mean, nasty awful heterosexuals.

Putting trans people in the military would be like putting Bernie Sanders in charge of the economy......A disaster waiting to happen.
You president is a disaster currently happening.

See I don't see it as a shrinking demographic at all. Younger generations of white kids are more conservative as they feel they are coming in at the end of an era. They had nothing to do with the various past transgressions they are getting blamed and demonized for every day at school and they are pissed off.

If every white person voted Republican, the Rs would dominate for some time still. All we really need is for the old, out of touch white liberals to die off and for the current crop of millennial white liberals to move out of mom's basement, enter the job market, realize they've been conned and switch teams.

There is no logical reason for a young white person to vote Democrat. It's all emotion and subjective morality. Once they leave college and enter the workforce they will become more conservative, especislly if they have the audacity to be mean, nasty awful heterosexuals.

LOL- If every white person voted R???????? Not sure what alternate reality you are living in. That will never happen. There is only about a 10-15 pt spread with white people. 54-44 R-D this last time out.

But I imagine you are probably correct that people trend more conservative as they age. Unfortunately for you though, the old out of touch white liberals are not going to die at a faster rate than the old, out of touch white conservatives, and there are a LOT more of those that are going to be dying!

If the conservative party could jettison some of the intolerance weighing their dogma down (gay/trans/racial/reproductive rights) they would probably be just fine. But if they can't they are going to continue to be way upside down on the youngins.

Just keep the Drama Teacher above our northern border. We will be just fine!
Once you get a real president you will be ok. Hopefully he(or she) can undo some of the damage Trump is doing.

I also look forward to having a real Prime Minister. I fuckin hate Trudeau. He is a shill, just like Trump, and almost as full of shit.

Once you get a real president you will be ok. Hopefully he(or she) can undo some of the damage Trump is doing.

I also look forward to having a real Prime Minister. I fuckin hate Trudeau. He is a shill, just like Trump, and almost as full of shit.

Difference between Trump and Trudeau :

One has a Dick, the other IS a dick.

One has balls, the other eats them while on his knees.

And there's no such thing as a "real" president.

All Presidents are nothing more than Powerful people applying for the top job and getting hired for it.

Last edited:
Back