Supplements a good idea when trying to lose weight

Mike O'Neil

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Okey im gona start working out again pretty hard after a 2yr off period. Im 5'11 about 255. My goals are to get down to about 220-225 in 2 or 3months. Im a pretty bulky guy and have always been pretty strong so im gona be doing alot of cardio and light weight training. Im not really concerned about putting on mass now but cutting up the muscle that i have and shedding some pounds. So my ? is are there any good supplements for what i wana do or should i just try it without for now. Any help would be great guys.

A guy at the GNC store told me to change my breakfast to a Whey Protein shake or drink. I wouldn't do that though. The best way to get to a healthy weight is to just eat healthy. It isn't hard or depriving, it's just different. You'll get used to it within a week or so. At least it was easy for me.

Yeah I should have added that im going to be changing my diet. Nothing crazy no soda, fast food, junk food or anything like that. Basically just gona try to eat 3 decent meals a day with fruit and veggies for snacks, Im guess im just wondering if there is and supplements out there that help get you cut instead of putting on mass I have plenty of that lol

Caffeine stands above all others. Take it before your workout or cardio.

Ok what about that stuff that spike and ufc have been pushing xizenes"no i spelled it wrong". Think this would work well for me? Or maybe one of those dietary supliments?

Xyience, i heard the fat burner works good. Don't know about the others though. I'm pretty in the same situation as you. I was 6' 240 and I talked to some people on here and they told me what to take and what type of foods to eat and I lost so much weight and I got a lot of muscle now. I'm not where I want to be yet. I want to get to 205 with about 5 percent body fat. But I take Green Tea, and some other supplements. PM me if you want the whole list. I do a ton of cardio and some weight training. I'm focusing on the cardio until I get to my desired weight for now.

djmarkiss said:
Xyience, i heard the fat burner works good. Don't know about the others though. I'm pretty in the same situation as you. I was 6' 240 and I talked to some people on here and they told me what to take and what type of foods to eat and I lost so much weight and I got a lot of muscle now. I'm not where I want to be yet. I want to get to 205 with about 5 percent body fat. But I take Green Tea, and some other supplements. PM me if you want the whole list. I do a ton of cardio and some weight training. I'm focusing on the cardio until I get to my desired weight for now.

Amber Miller uses the fat burner by xyience so it must be good! ;)

LCDforMe said:
A guy at the GNC store told me to change my breakfast to a Whey Protein shake or drink. I wouldn't do that though. The best way to get to a healthy weight is to just eat healthy. It isn't hard or depriving, it's just different. You'll get used to it within a week or so. At least it was easy for me.
First off if you are going to GNC for advise you would be better off going to Radio Shack to get your answers. About 90% of the people at any GNC that I have ever gone to know you have to drink Protien and take some supplements to get bigger or loose weight. THey are over priced and I HATE GNC.

Back