Supplement Brand REVIEWS! & Guidelines

Good job man. I bookmarked this page.

(add Pacific Health Labs in there if you can).

Tap112 said:
Good job man. I bookmarked this page.

(add Pacific Health Labs in there if you can).

added planetary formulas and EAS

can't add Pacific Health Labs cuz i've never used them.. but anyone who has experience with them can post a review if they like:icon_chee

why would you sat GNC is bad, the research I did on them shows that the ingedients they use pass independent testing

Has anyone got an opinion on Weider supplements? specifically L-glutimine powder. I tried it about 8 years or so ago and I found it worked very well. It seems a little cheaper then most L-glutimine products, but I only seem to find it in Wal~Mart, that point scares me. I now see they have Weider L-glutimine in pill form as well. Any opinions on which is better, pill or powder form?

I stopped reading at the '1 step away from plastic' part, chemicals don't work that way. Water is '1 step away from oxygen' but it'll drown your ass within minutes.

Sudo, Pacific Health Labs is one of the truly science-based companies out there. They make Accelerade and Endurox. Go ahead and add them.

Udo's Choice Blend Oil is recommended by Berardi, Sudo. BTW, I thought the issue of "synthetic vs. natural" in vitamins had been resolved: except for a few vitamins (where the right-handed chiral isomer is cheaper to produce), synthetic and extracted vitamins have no molecular distinction.

Kirkland is always solid at Consumer Reports. They shouldn't be in the "Bad" category. It's bulk quality at its best: can't hate them for that.

Well, that's it. I really have no more information than that.

Leviathan333 said:
I stopped reading at the '1 step away from plastic' part, chemicals don't work that way. Water is '1 step away from oxygen' but it'll drown your ass within minutes.

excellent point... but it doesn't change the fact that trans fats are still horribly bad for you.. :wink:

Madmick said:
Udo's Choice Blend Oil is recommended by Berardi, Sudo. BTW, I thought the issue of "synthetic vs. natural" in vitamins had been resolved: except for a few vitamins (where the right-handed chiral isomer is cheaper to produce), synthetic and extracted vitamins have no molecular distinction.

Kirkland is always solid at Consumer Reports. They shouldn't be in the "Bad" category. It's bulk quality at its best: can't hate them for that.

Well, that's it. I really have no more information than that.

thx for the info mick... updated some stuff.. i haven't kept up with this forum recently.. (been a regular in the gear and equipment forum as of late :icon_chee )

1fast is great for bulk supplements, CEE, BCAAs, HMB, and countless others.

customnutritionwarehouse.com and nutraplanet.com also sell a lot of products in bulk.

Thanks so much for the great info in this thread and others; I hadn't looked in this forum until now and see that there are some posters who really know their shit.

How would you rate Genuine Health products (they make Greens+, etc)? I'm taking Transform+ and have heard good things about it and the company. Thanks again.

does anyone know anything about the quality of trader joe's supplements?

Wait a sec Trader joes carries there own supplements? How have I missed this. What supplements specifically are you asking about, because I would suspect their quality to be decent.

Cytosport has always had a phenomenal reputation, this is the first time I've seen anything negative (with the exception of the occaisional MM-glycocyamine-bashing thread)

MT420MT said:
does anyone know anything about the quality of trader joe's supplements?
I don't know about quality, but I do take their chewable Multi, Salmon Oil, and Greens Powder supplements and they seem to do the job pretty well for me.

i was curious about the nature's made bashing... i just got a bunch of their fish oil pills. do fish oil pills vary from brand to brand??

XTrainer said:
Cytosport has always had a phenomenal reputation, this is the first time I've seen anything negative (with the exception of the occaisional MM-glycocyamine-bashing thread)

i didn't say anything negative about them except the fact they use chemical sweeteners.. more of a personal preference than anything else, i personally don't like consuming anything artificial...

Team Dragonfire said:
i was curious about the nature's made bashing... i just got a bunch of their fish oil pills. do fish oil pills vary from brand to brand??

they do.. some are of higher quality than others.. and some fear mercury poisoning... o and remember to refrigerate ur fish oil as omega-3 chains are easily broken by sunlight, oxygen, and heat ... making them rancid, smelly, and doing more harm than good.. :wink:

jas123 said:
1fast is great for bulk supplements, CEE, BCAAs, HMB, and countless others.

only place i go

I love using BSN products, is this a good choice or is there another brand I could use that is better or the same but cheaper? just wondering since I feel good using there stuff but you guys have much more EXP. in this field.

I love using BSN products, is this a good choice or is there another brand I could use that is better or the same but cheaper? just wondering since I feel good using there stuff but you guys have much more EXP. in this field.

Brand loyalty sucks in the supplement game. BSN, like all companies, has some good products, some excellent products, and some poor products. While, I would consider it a good company in general, that doesn't mean you can get higher quality products at a lower price point by shopping around. Example: BSN Syntha-6 is a more expensive, lower quality Cytosport Muscle Milk.

Brand loyalty sucks in the supplement game. BSN, like all companies, has some good products, some excellent products, and some poor products. While, I would consider it a good company in general, that doesn't mean you can get higher quality products at a lower price point by shopping around. Example: BSN Syntha-6 is a more expensive, lower quality Cytosport Muscle Milk.

Thank you for the response, im using there Lean dessert protein because its a mix of whey and casein with glutamine and BCAA's, don't know if there is enough of them in there, am I cool on that front or is there a better option? I dont want to gain muscle and fat so I use this for leaner gains also, I just roll and sparr not lift. I take it pre and post to heal. Thanks again

Back