Suplementing and diet for teenagers

Doc. Sin

Man of constant sorrow
@Blue
Reaction score
Hail

i know i'll probaly get flamed for making a thread for myself but i'm so cool i'll make it anyway

I'm 15 years old and i will be making 16 next month. every week i train twice muay thai, twice BJJ, i have 2 phisycal education classes in school(where i normally play soccer but my school is now offering the option of doing weigh lifting), do 2 or 3 times a week weigh lifting and when i'm on the mood i train boxing on fridays or something in the weekend

i do both muay and jiu just before dinner (8 pm to 9:40 pm) and i weigh lift just before those trainings

The school stuff i do in the morning, and i'm not doing weigh lifting there because they are too scared to let us put some heavy weighs that they make us have some pussy training

Now I'm thinking about taking suplments.. what do you guys say to me?

When i first began weigh lifting, i went to my family doctor and asked for something... he is an enthusiast of training, and he said to me to drink Maltodextrin during trains, to take creatin and dextrosis after the train with a weigh protein shake, among other stuff(honey, almond, and some other stuff)

I am a little fatty, not very much i'm actually in normal weigh by scientific parameters but i have you know that little bear belly that i'm not very into, and when i started to make some friends in the gym they've said to me that that stff especially before sleeping would make me fat.

so i stopped taking everything, just kept the creatin and dextrosis, but then i go to a real nutritionist that would say to me that that stuff would make me REAL fat and the only suplement i should take right now is wiegh protein.

then, my mt instructor have said that was all bullshit that weigh is a lie because i already have the nescessary income of proteins during my day and i would shit everything that i take of the protein. he is formed inf phisical education by the best university of brazil wich is also one of the bests in the world (unicamp) so i trust him

now, i'm still a little fatty, but my ****bolism i consider high dued to the much i train and the much i eat (a lot) i weigh 176 lbs and im 72.0472441 inches tall(sorry i'm using a net converter, i'm 1,83 meters anyway)

what do you recomend for me?

UFC 84 is on so you won't get much lovin'. :D
Have you searched? Search for protein PWO or something and you will find lots of info. Also check out the stickies, for example:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/s...upplements-combat-athletes-david-barr-781947/
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/attn-new-official-d-s-faq-718093/
Also read this article from Berardi on protein drinks:
John Berardi - Advanced Workout Nutrition
Take creatine with protein/carbs either during your workout or after. Eat a solid meal later.

I'm 18 and weigh 225 lbs. 6ft5.

When I weight train, I take Nitrix, which I seem to like a lot. I reccomend using that. You are kind of young to be doing a lot of weight lifting, in my oppinion, because your muscle mass really doesn't develop untill later.

You are kind of young to be doing a lot of weight lifting, in my oppinion, because your muscle mass really doesn't develop untill later.

That's not necessarily true. it's definitely harder to put on muscle when you're young, but that's just because your ****bolism is so incredibly high from the demands of growth and general youth. If you can manage to eat enough and time your nutrient intake properly, you have a huge amount of testosterone to take advantage of.

I've read the john berardi thing

do you guys think is good to take a protein shake when i wake up before school(even though i dont normally do nothing in the morning and it would be beside the after training one)?

I've read the john berardi thing

do you guys think is good to take a protein shake when i wake up before school(even though i dont normally do nothing in the morning and it would be beside the after training one)?

Eat some breakfast but if you cant...then yes...chug down a shake.

and also, i've read in this david barr article that there are types of protein. in the john berardi shake, wich one should i be taking? and with milk or water? simple or complex carbo?

Any time a nutrition expert doesn't specify something like that, it is because either a) It doesn't matter or b) It is impossible to give an answer for YOU

In this case, it falls under "b" You need to read about the different kinds of carbohydrates and protein, then make a decision for yourself. The FAQ has a lot of information on the subject.

Also, I am extremely surprised as the quality of answer from your family doctor. Most I've met would tell you that you are too young to work out and you don't need supplements..

If you're fat, you need to either lose weight or stay fat. Once you decide what you want to do, you can chose a diet.

yeah i expected that about the protein but the carbo thing shouldnt be for everyone? i mean isnt just about the necessity to digest druing or before the training?

i'm not very fat, as i said. a few weeks ago my trainer took it and i had 15,4 of fat. that isnt much as long as i know, some really not fat guys from school rated 13 and a little bit

for ziltoid: thanks for the info, i do have some good breakfast i i wont do that industrial shit when i wake up ;p

If you want to lose weight, you're going to want to maintain your carbohydrates. If you don't want to lose weight, it isn't as important how many carbohydrates you have, more-so what type of carbohydrates you eat. This question is answered by Berardi. You'll learn more by giving his website another look, rather than me telling you.

He very lightly touches on it in his 7 habits. John Berardi - 7 Habits

It would do you really well to try to read at least a few of his articles a week. Just find something that seems interesting or relevant and go to town.

I'm 15 and I have a whey protein shake every morning at 7:00 am. before school. I work out at my school's gym after school at about 3:00 pm. and before my workout i take no-xplode. These are the only two supplements I take, and they seem to be working great.

you are a teenager, a good diet should be all you need right now.

what do you guys think about taking NO2? ronnie coleman was in my town last weekend and i was chatting with his trainer when he said it would be good for me to have

i'm checking this because i think that guy said anything to get me away from him because i was like making a huge questionary =p

you are a teenager, a good diet should be all you need right now.

Exactly. Ridiculous, recommending a 15 year old kid to take Nitrix. No way should he be messing with his Nitric levels. Also, scrap the creatine, whey protein and any other supplement you are taking/considering taking. All you need at your age is a well balanced diet. 1g of protein per lb of body weight, complex carbs, fruits and veggies, you know, everything you have ever learned about nutrition.

Exactly. Ridiculous, recommending a 15 year old kid to take Nitrix. No way should he be messing with his Nitric levels. Also, scrap the creatine, whey protein and any other supplement you are taking/considering taking. All you need at your age is a well balanced diet. 1g of protein per lb of body weight, complex carbs, fruits and veggies, you know, everything you have ever learned about nutrition.

Jmack i agree with you to an extent, but whey might not be a bad idea sometimes, as long as he isnt taking stupid amounts of it and using it as an occassional meal replacement as life can be busy. On top of this, he is a teenager. And no matter what we say the kid is going to take supplements.

Jmack i agree with you to an extent, but whey might not be a bad idea sometimes, as long as he isnt taking stupid amounts of it and using it as an occassional meal replacement as life can be busy. On top of this, he is a teenager. And no matter what we say the kid is going to take supplements.

can you stop talking of me as i wasnt here?

huahuahu ok you have some good points, i will take suplements anyway, but you guys convinced me of not taking no2

right now my plan is taking 2/1 carbs and protein shake during training, creatine and glutamine

can you stop talking of me as i wasnt here?

huahuahu ok you have some good points, i will take suplements anyway, but you guys convinced me of not taking no2

right now my plan is taking 2/1 carbs and protein shake during training, creatine and glutamine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back