Superman Returns (2006) is underrated

Superman Returns literally framed two of the covers from the very first comic covers in separate scenes.
Doesn't matter if the verisimilitude aesthetic looks 2nd rate which all of SR's homages are (besides the airplane scene which was terrific and the only portion that felt like I was watching Superman on screen). Arrow did an homage with the two Flash's running toward the same person, cool for nerds but the way it was filmed/framed was trash.

While I enjoyed BvS and MoS, I do like Superman Returns, at least parts of it.

The airplane rescue scene and, the bullet collapsing on his eyeball > any of the Superman imagery in the other two, for sure, shame the rest of the film was pretty shite.

Basically, the moments with Supes being Supes = awesome, rest of the film, especially any parts with Bosworth on screen = shite.

Spacey Luthor was just forgettable for the most part, which, given who was playing him is a stone cold shame.

James Marsden only seems to play (and, I hate this term lol) cucks in superhero films.

Cyclops' woman wants Wolverine instead of him and, in this one he gets Supes' sloppy seconds. Poor lad.

It kinda bored me, but it wasn't a shitty movie like BvS

The scene with the plane is one of the best set pieces in a superhero film imo. The rest of it is fairly boring tho. Just 2.5 hours of him lifting stuff.

Its definitely a fun movie. I enjoy watching it whenever its on

MOS is the better movie tho

MoS started out well but it went from 0-100 real quick. I prefer quaintness in Superhero movies. think Spider-Man 2. Superman Returns. They still have huge earth destroying plots, but they aren't as in your face as most Marvel or DC films today.

I find SR basically unwatchable. I tried watching it again on TV and was just bored to death.

Loved MoS.

BvS was meh.

Sounds like you enjoy Transformers type films. Nice!

Nope.

Superman returns flat out sucked. Just terrible all around. The plane scene as others have said was good.

I liked the first half of MoS more than the 2nd.

Again BvS was meh.

Something about that movie was just...weird. It wasn't a terrible movie, but it wasn't great either. What was that shit about one of the pomeranians eating the other one?

I think SR and MoS both have something positive to offer.

BvS got derailed by Eisenberg's shitty Lex Luthor. Which as has been stated, is just him rehashing his Facebook role.

SR was also derailed by Spacey's Luthor portrayal to me honestly. Which is sad, because he had moments.

I think Mark Strong would have been a good choice for Luthor.
cannes.png

It kinda bored me, but it wasn't a shitty movie like BvS

I like how the single pistol shot is what made him realize what he was dealing with, and not the fact that he just survived like 1 thousand rounds to the chest.

Back