Television Super Bowl 2024 was most watched US TV broadcast since 1969 Moon landing

Do you think she had that much influence in bringing in more viewers?

• Total voters
I guess all those idiots who stopped watching because of the kneeling for the anthem came back. lmao

if you updated your avatar just for that post, I am suitably impressed.

T swezzey is literally creating micro econmies world wide. She is in aus right now and hotels, flight etc in the cities hosting her have gone through the roof.

Do not sleep on the pull ol swizzel has.

Such a boring sport and I find it staggering how people have been conditioned to treat it as a religion. In regard to American sport, basketball is better.

Yes, she really has that much influence. Maybe not every single extra person watching was due to her. I never watch football. But I watched because of the 49ers. They hadn’t been to the superbowl in a long time, and I was rooting for the 49ers. Too bad they lost. The game wasn’t rigged. People are fucking retarded.

If you want to see a rigged game, just watch game 6 of the NBA Western Conference Finals in 2002 between the Kings and the Lakers. That is what a rigged game looks like. And the stats and data bore that out as well.

They were in the SB like 3 years ago.

Obviously Swift had an impact, it'd be silly to deny that. The game was sub-par until the end however it was interesting that women/younger women were throwing superbowl parties together, as well.

Such a boring sport and I find it staggering how people have been conditioned to treat it as a religion. In regard to American sport, basketball is better.
Well, NFL has a way shorter season so it is made to seem way bigger than it is, due to a shorter window.

Something like 94 of the top 100 watched programs in 2023 were NFL games (the others were a couple of college football games, State of the Union, and the Oscars). Different publications use different numbers but they all agree that when it comes to ratings, it is the NFL and then every other type of programming.

Probably fair to say that the NFL is the last thing keeping US pay tv (cable) afloat. If the NFL went DTC (they won't, at least in the short term), it would be the end of cable as we know it.

Back