Sumo

Rayrobinson#1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Anyone interested in joining Sumo? These are some of my matches. I'm not that good but there are some guys who train with me that are outstanding. We are trying to build up the program. At a minimum it will help your stand up grappling game. Machda was actually a former amatuer Sumo. We train out of Chino CA. but there are other small groups mostly on east or west coasts. If you are interested PM me.

YouTube - Sumo 4-19-08

YouTube - Sumo 4-19-08

YouTube - sumo 4-19-08

YouTube - Sumo 4-19-08

YouTube - Sumo 4-19-08

YouTube - Sumo 4-19-08

lol man that looks pretty awesome, how come you're wearing those black spandex though? gotta be traditional.

El ohhh el!!! I nominate this as the grappling thread of the month

funny how you didn't look as confortable as the other competitors in that crouching stand (starting position) :) I reckon you haven't been doing this for as long as these guys.

Nice videos though. cheers and good luck!

saw a very good show about it on national geographic not too long ago - pretty cool stuff

funny how you didn't look as confortable as the other competitors in that crouching stand (starting position) :) I reckon you haven't been doing this for as long as these guys.

Nice videos though. cheers and good luck!

Yeah I haven't been training as long. The Japanese guys have incredible flexibility as well.

Kenban part of the national geographic show was filmed at where I work out. The American they did the feature on trains there.

Woah, that looks like a lot of fun! Good job!

I think your opponent totally jumped the gun on you in the second and third match.
Good stuff!

part of the national geographic show was filmed at where I work out. The American they did the feature on trains there.

cool, i remember that show made it seem that basically a dozen or so guys in america are the only ones taking up sumo. we need a lot more guys getting involved. enough so we can start heated "sumo > judo" and "wrestling > sumo" threads

Back