Sumo wrestler Baruto Kaito wants Fedor fight in RIZIN

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
"We would like Baruto to return to the ring in April, Sakakibara told Tass.ru. "He has great potential and if we talk about the near future, he may even become an opponent of Fedor. When I talked with Baruto, he said that he would like to enter the ring against Fedor."

Baruto made his professional sumo debut in 2004 and is one of two Estonians to ever compete in the sport. He managed to reach the Tp Division in 2006 and eventually became champion in early 2012. He retired the following year at 28 due to various injuries. However, his achievements saw Estonian president Toomas Hendrik Ilves award him the Order of the White Star in 2012.

According to Sakakibara, the potential fight depends on whether Fedor is interested in being matched up with an opponent far bigger than himself.

"Baruto, despite the fact that he is a newcomer in the world of combat sports, he won his first fight last year. He is now hard training and weighs 170 kg. The question is, whether Fedor is ready to meet such an opponent on the other side. Fedor has never been scrupulous in such matters. He met with opponents that greatly exceeds his weight like Hong Man Choi and Zulu. So, let's see."

Baruto isnt ready for Fedor. Make Baruto vs Jaideep Singh and Fedor vs king Mo.

Out of all the possible matchups, Sakikabara mentions this weird one? come on now!
Mo wants to fight Fedor! and so does Ivanov and Shawn jordan.and Wand is also a free agent now. don't fuck it up Sakikabara!!!

fedor_20vs_20zulu.gif
1411769972_1398965927_1h7khh0_1j0ng.gif

I thought Baruto beating Aerts seemed quite impressive. Then it occured to me that the man had been retired from combat sports for years and took the fight on few days notice without any training. Hopefully that wont be the lead up fight to Fedor.

This is the only fight that makes sense

Fedor has already fought and beat

A K-1 Champ
A UFC Champ
A pro Wrestler
A Mongolian Wrestler
A giant
A Olympic wrestler
A BJJ champ
A ADCC champ
A Olympic Judoka
A Zulu warrior

He now need to fight

A sumo
A streetfighter

and then he will have the greatest legacy in all of Mixed Martial Arts

Without fighting A sumo and A streetfighter we really cannot call Fedor the Greatest

Sakakibara needs to finalize his legacy

If Fedor wants another green Fighter, then undefeated Bellator Fighter, Jermaine Mcdermott (2-0) would love to fight him.

But be warned, Jermaine is not Jaideep. Jermaine hurts people.

A K-1 Champ
A UFC Champ
A pro Wrestler
A Mongolian Wrestler
A giant
A Olympic wrestler
A BJJ champ
A ADCC champ
A Olympic Judoka
A Zulu warrior

He now need to fight

A sumo
A streetfighter

Without fighting A sumo and A streetfighter we really cannot call Fedor the Greatest

So Baruto and Kimbo it is?

So Baruto and Kimbo it is?

Baruto is fine or they can dress Zulu up in Sumo Attire and that would be kickass as well.

However when Fedor fights a street fighter he has to fight a legit one and that means he has to fight the king of the streets and as we know there are two very worthy competitors for that title that will square off on Feburary the 19th so we will have to wait until then to figure out who's will get the honor of being sacrifised to "The Last Emperor"

I have to say with the implications that fight will have for Fedor and Bellator that I can't wait to see what happens next

MMA is getting great again

A K-1 Champ
A UFC Champ
A pro Wrestler
A Mongolian Wrestler
A giant
A Olympic wrestler
A BJJ champ
A ADCC champ
A Olympic Judoka
A Zulu warrior

He now need to fight

A sumo
A streetfighter

When did Fedor fight a Mongol wrestler?

People approach this issue as of it is serious matchmaking. To say that Fedor vs Baruto doesn't make sense is like saying the Star wars sequels doesn't make sense. It is a spectacle. If it makes money it makes sense...

edit: didn't see last post ><

When did Fedor fight a Mongol wrestler?
HMC, and it was before his tumor operation, when he was a tower of flesh and muscle, kicking ass in K1, with a solid and unorthodox ground game to boast. Good luck trying to find a sparring partner in Russia that can emulate his style...

Not the lanky, slow, awkwardly moving, starved looking dude that got sub'd by Minowa
(love me some Minowaman, but he is so much smaller... had he fought the version of Hong Man Choi that Fedor fought it would have been another Bobby Ologun type of beatdown I'd wager)

It was even worst than the Bigfoot change when he had to quit roiding. Speaking of BF, wasn't he supposed to be released by the UFC and wanted to fight Fedor again to prove that the first time wasn't a fluke.
But the current deflated BF has nothing in common with the roided beast from Strikeforce era.
Very winnable fight for Fedor and a shitty loss to erase.

Also, I'd build "Bolt" a bit more before he faces Fedor, plenty of fun match-ups for Bolt at HW.
James Thompson would be fun, depending on how he feels after the TK loss... but Bolt vs Colossus, that would be great.

RF

You mean Ssireum. It is Korean traditional wrestling.

Back