SUMO - 2023 Kyushu Basho (Nov. 12th - Nov. 26th)

Yeah I legitimately find Hokuseiho's matches interesting and entertaining. He's got such a weird, awkward style, especially the way he goes for one-handed sideways grips or the way he will just lean on people for forever.

He had several bad matches this basho where he got bullied by smaller rikishi really easily which makes me wonder if he has some kind of injury but I'm rooting for him to continue improving his unique style.

I never saw Kakuryu compete unfortunately as he retired before i started watching. Hakuho's last zensho yusho was when I got into it. I had heard something about how Hakuho was the Lebron James or Michael Jordan of sumo and that got me curious.
you should have seen Asashoryu fight, for an absolute god of violence on the ring. talk about a charismatic monster. you got a sight of what that was like when hoshoryu stared down gonoyama and got angry towards the end of it. but hosh's not his uncle, sadly.

I got quite interested in Sumo lately... thanks to a Karate guy!

Sensei Seth got hooked on Sumo a year ago and his most recent video is really good IMO:

Comments from you, Sumo experts?

So. all 3 Ozeki are sick. Kirishima and Hoshoryu suffer from hemolytic streptococcal infection. Takakeisho also has a fever

Enho attempting to return despite a recent diagnosis of a spinal cord injury on top of a previous herniated disc

Back