• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Suggest an 'old classic' that gamers younger than you might not have heard of.

Master of magic
Breath of Fire 2
Un Squadron
Marble Madness

Some not great but fun, especially multiplayer games:

Bomberman 64
Wetrix 64

This is a great squad based RTS. Your units actually leveled up between missions if they didn't die (lol) which was amazing at the time.
Myth_-_The_Fallen_Lords.jpg
Myth_II_Cover.jpg
300px-Myth_III_The_Wolf_Age_Cover.jpg
Wish I could "like" this more than once! Sunk so much time into these games, the second one mostly... So good!

The mods for this game were amazing

yeah bigtime

i just remember how i felt at the time like the game in general was tiers above everything i had ever played.

i was probably 10 years old or something, and i was mostly playing nintendo games, NHL EA sports, warcraft 2

Too many to list, young gamer probably is going to miss 60/70% of the good stuff of the past

Tbh even guys of my age that say to know shit usually don't know shit :D
Just gifted to best buddy my copy of The Last Guardian and he "never heard of" Ico or Shadow of the Colossus

Just to play, trying to pick 1 game for old consoles i would be kinda sure he never touched

Sega Mega Drive - The Story of Thor

Super Nintendo - Demon's Crest

Sega Saturn - Guardian Heroes

Playstation 1 - Vagrant Story

Dreamcast - Skies of Arcadia (if too popular, Ready 2 Rumble)

Playstation 2 - GodHand

Xbox - Otogi

Playstation 3 - Puppeteer

Last edited:
Anyone ever play this PS1 gem. Actually it was pretty bad, but I loved it.

Time_Commando_pal-front-4167334540.jpeg

I never had an NES as a kid, went straight to a SNES, and had way too many games... Before the PS1 took over.

upload_2023-1-2_23-45-43.png
I rented this game so many times. It was so awesome. The controls were nothing like any other fighting game, but were very good and intuitive. I would play this game today if it were on Game Pass.

Just to play, trying to pick 1 game for old consoles i would be kinda sure he never touched

Sega Mega Drive - The Story of Thor

Super Nintendo - Demon's Crest

Sega Saturn - Guardian Heroes

Playstation 1 - Vagrant Story

Dreamcast - Skies of Arcadia (if too popular, Ready 2 Rumble)

Playstation 2 - GodHand

Xbox - Otogi

Playstation 3 - Puppeteer
Godhand was amazing. Til this day I hate IGN for killing that game with their 3 out of 10 review. Worst review in history imo

Not only for the new gamers but a lot of older gamers are missing out on these titles that came out on the Genesis. Treasure has got to be one of the most underrated developers ever. They were basically Platinum Games before they were a thing. All three of these games are some of my favorite Sega Genesis titles and they all release within a couple years of each other.

Dynamite_Headdy_Coverart.png

Alien_Soldier_Coverart.png

Gunstar_Heroes.jpg

Then on the 64 they came out with these underrated gems.
N64_-_Sin_%26_Punishment.jpg

Mischief_Makers.jpg

One of the bloodiest games at the time of it's release.

Moonstone-A-Hard-Days-Knight-768x972.jpg

Back