Succesful People Love Floyd Mayweather

Because he embodies it.

Unsuccessful people and people unhappy with their lives hate him.

Hence the celebrity turnout to his fights and his negative reputation on internet forums, the primary abode of losers worldwide.

I love Mayweather and most other elite athletes (love Lebron, Peyton, Crosby etc) but couldn't give two shits about "celebrities" that aren't athletes.....A famous actor means absolutely nothing to me.

I saw Ben Stiller close up at a Yankee game and didn't even bother to get an autograph (and he was signing tons of autographs and being a cool guy) I just don't care enough about "celebrities" unless they are famous athletes.

Floyd is easy to hate as a person and the whole "people only hate him because he is successful" plug is tiresome.

Floyd is not "easy to hate as a person," as I'd wager that most of the folk that hate him don't know him; they hate the perception they have of him based on his Money persona.

the TS is acting like he is successful because he likes floyd lmao

I like Floyd because he's himself even when people hate him for it. Too many guys in combat sports wanna be the humble, respectful guy and nobody wants to be the villain. What is Batman without the Joker? What is Superman without Lex Luther? People don't like Floyd because he's the bad guy that can't be defeated.

There's a guy i know who is obsessed with Mayweather, like always doing the whole #TEAMMONEY thing on his facebook and always talking about him, he's never had a job, cant drive and i dont think ive ever seen him outside lol. I think you're just a dickhead who cares too much about insignificant shit.

one thing that really blows me away about floyd is the fact that with all his money and fame, he's never gotten soft. only harder and sharper. most let the pussy or the food or the silk sheets ruin them. for all the flash that i hate about him, i find myself marveling at his mental strength, hard work ethic, and dedication to his craft. i HAVE to respect that part of his character.

QFT

Not many athletes can do this.

How are you guys getting trolled by something this obvious? Shit, Sherdog... get it together!

People support him and dislike him for a variety of reasons.

Can't believe this troll thread is so successful.

Anyway, Genghis Khan was way more successful than PBF and I don't hate him.

If people hated Floyd solely because of his success, wouldn't they hate ALL successful people?

I mean, I dislike the guy, but I still like Harrison Ford, and Harrison Ford is more successful than Floyd.

Therefore, it must be something aside from his success.

I agree with you in principal but I think Floyd is a better boxer than Harrison is an actor. I think their bank accounts might be similar (Half a $B?) But maybe Harrison keeps getting them Star Wars royalties. Hmmm....

I'm a loser and I think Mayweather is the greatest fighter I've ever seen.

I have nothing but respect for his work ethic, toughness, determination, and skills.

Anyone who dislikes him because they think he's cocky or arrogant is just reinforcing part of the TS's point.

Floyd's very good at what he does. He's very well paid for doing it. His expressing that shouldn't bother anyone since he's not lying about anything and he's not belittling anyone who's not getting in the ring with him.

If his actions bother someone, it's probably because they don't like him flaunting his money and the lifestyle he's chosen thanks to that money.

So, at least part of the hate stems from Mayweather being successful.

OP is an idiot. There are plenty of very successful guys who aren't nearly as polarizing or anal-retentive as Mayweather

If people hated Floyd solely because of his success, wouldn't they hate ALL successful people?

I mean, I dislike the guy, but I still like Harrison Ford, and Harrison Ford is more successful than Floyd.

Therefore, it must be something aside from his success.

This

No one is more successful than Arnold Schwarzenegger. I love that guy, and I look up to him, but I don't like Floyd.

... It does not take a rocket scientist to understand why he's such a unlikable guy.

He bases the worth of mma fighters on how much money they make. Give me a fucking break. He is also closet racist.

Last edited:
Yeah, the problem is you're dismissing everything that contradicts your point. Some people are jealous, some people dislike cockiness, some people are racist, some people hate woman beaters etc....

Why do you need your theory to sum up every Floyd hater? It's a good point as long as you don't oversimplify "the haters" to just two camps, successful and unsuccessful, there's a lot more going on.

Can you get this point at all? or are you just gonna doggedly defend your statement to the end of the earth, ie troll.

This. There are many reason why people dislike this guy. Good reasons and bad reasons.

Mayweather is the king of showing his money,chicks, houses and cars but he also is a magnificant athlete and that part should be an inspiration by athletes period. Also he backs his statements up a lot of the time he is dominating everybody and is the best boxer alive. I think even if people hate his antics and boosting they should respect his dedication to the sport.

I really despise Broner though because he shows the same behavoir but hasn't fought anybody and he is doing everything to imitate Floyd, his unfunny jokes and bullshit annoys the shit outta me. I hope he gets brutally KO'd soon.

Back