sub your instructor?

Only stupid ass simpletons would make statements I like that.

That's like saying I would rather learn to lift and get stronger from a football player rather than the trainer who worksout the players, because the football player is stronger.

Just another form of dumbassery.

My brown belt instructor puts himself into bad positions when sparring and I've caught him a few times. He absolutely crushes me if he goes full blast though.
I can't touch my main black belt instructor - he messes my game up with tiny movements.
I've only rolled with him a few times but I can't get very far with Taisho either, he's just got a very solid game.
There's a purple at my school I can't get close to either.

I try to put myself into bad positions when I spar someone much worse than me but honestly speaking, my ego doesn't want me to tap to a white belt...

I don't think it means that much, I have subbed my instructor before probably 7 or 8 times, but I don't get an ego about it he taps me more frequently than I tap him.

My instructor sometimes taps me with one arm. Sometimes he gives me great position (with two arms) but he seems to find a subtle way to counter anything I go for. No, I've never tapped him.

If I tap Marcio Feitosa, Marcelo Pereira, or Ricardo Guimaraes(who I train with) i will just leave the studio quietly, walk 100 feet away and scream yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! for a good 5-10 seconds then go back and get my ass handed to me harder then ever.

Trying to Sub Ricardo Pires I cant do it..I thought i came close once but he got me with a heel hook..Same Thing Heath Herring when i got to roll with him cept he got me in a Kimura..But it was still cool..And they taught me new moves along with it..

I caught my BJJ instructor once with a guillotine to neck crank combo from the guard that Sem Schildt showed me at a seminar the previous weekend. Otherwize, I am usually a tapping machine when we roll.

Just remember, everyone gets lucky, so it is not that big a deal, especially in class, where your instuctor is probably not going all out anyway.

i used to get played with like a kitten. he'd go easy at first and it might seem like you were doing well, but after letting you practice long enough he'd just catch you in one way or another.

The only move I ever catch my instructors with in my gym is a toe hold, and it's a rare occurance. There was one night that I caught my instructor twice with a toe hold, but to be fair he was really tired and I was pretty fresh. Still, I'm pretty quick with the move, and I've caught 2 purple belts and a fighter at my gym with the toe hold.

never got even close of tapping my instructor.. it helps that i weigh qbout 135 and am a white belt and he weighs 220+ and is a black belt... he gives better positions but to no avail..

Iceman5592 said:
The only move I ever catch my instructors with in my gym is a toe hold, and it's a rare occurance. There was one night that I caught my instructor twice with a toe hold, but to be fair he was really tired and I was pretty fresh. Still, I'm pretty quick with the move, and I've caught 2 purple belts and a fighter at my gym with the toe hold.

Long live teh leglocks!

I train around 5 years, after 2 years i managed to sub my instructor for the first time, it took me another year to submit him 3 more times and since then it's really hard for both of us to sub each other. For the past year we ran the school together both purple belts. This week we rolled together 2 times with Gi and No-gi. We Rolled for like 20 minutes with Gi and 20-25 minutes no-gi, i was a litle more dominant with the gi he was litle more dominant no-gi we couldn't sub each other. But by rolling together we become better every time.

Back