Stupid/overused sayings in mma

People saying someone got knocked out when they clearly not unconscious.

“Taking more shots to the face than Jenna Jameson”
“Mainus is taking a pounding”
“Mainus is bleeding”
“Mainus is hurting”

I swear he did Mainus dirty on purpose.

I grew up on Schiavello since he was always the commentator to the local K1s growing up. Never been my style and I still don't really enjoy it. My acceptance and enjoyment of it now is all from nostalgia of a different time

I swear he did Mainus dirty on purpose.

I grew up on Schiavello since he was always the commentator to the local K1s growing up. Never been my style and I still don't really enjoy it. My acceptance and enjoyment of it now is all from nostalgia of a different time
When I first became aware of him in the mid 2000s I couldn’t stand him but he grew on me and he’s actually pretty funny

Those leg kicks are going to pay off in the later rounds.
If a fighter smiles or shakes his head the strike hurt him.
He's a cardio machine.
"How does it feel to (have won)..."
He's got elite striking.
He's a threat to anyone in the division.

"He's not a punk, he's a warrior!"

“He may have Secured the round with that last takedown”.

I roll my eyes everytime. Takedown without offense is meaningless in a fight and should be viewed and scored as such.

Even growing up as a wrestler that statement pisses me off.
Like you said, without damage the takedown is inconsequential tbf sir.

Fighter: I did what I had to do to win. A win is a win and that's what matters. All fans can fuck off!

A few months later. Fighter: why can't I get a title shot or a big fight

UFC promo narrator: “The blankest blank in the history of combat sports”
Rogan: “the greatest blank on planet earth”

it's still control though and the onus is on you to do something about it. if another man can take you down and hold you down, to where you can't do nothing, then you got to do something.

Yeah, but if you are both there laying on top of each other and nobody is doing any damage. Are you really fighting or is it more a cuddle session?

Restraining someone and fighting someone aren't seen as synonymous generally.

The point of wrestling in MMA is to get you into a position you can try to leave your opponent unconscious or tapping. Not to wait till the bell rings and the judges award you for it. That's why they changed the rules in order to not reward lay and pray.

Last edited:
The commentators also picking and choosing which shots are to be exclaimed with a dumbass "OHHH!!" is infuriating too. You can literally see a guy land a 3 punch combo that clearly lands and Rogan makes no mention about it, all of a sudden some partinally blocked right hand gets through and Rogan randomly overreacts like he's seeing something the audience isn't. Just get this fucking guy out of commentary already.
Go back and listen towards the end of Prochazka vs Oezdemir. Bisping screams at the top of his god damn lungs on a punch that literally misses. It was so embarrassing.

Yeah, but if you are both there laying on top of each other and nobody is doing any damage. Are you really fighting or is it more a cuddle session?

Restraining someone and fighting someone aren't seen as synonymous generally.

The point of wrestling in MMA is to get you into a position you can try to leave your opponent unconscious or tapping. Not to wait till the bell rings and the judges award you for it. That's why they changed the rules in order to not reward lay and pray.
i have never been cuddled against my will. lol. there's is still an element of control, but i do agree, damage needs to be done, that is the difference. still though, if someone can you take you down, keep you there, and negate any offense from you, that also means something. the aggressor should also be looking to deal damage.

Back