• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy Study shows rich families hoard wealth, DONT create new wealth! Trickle down yet again proven wrong!

Well, if you include the rest of my post, it would have been easier to understand. I'll split the post into 2 parts to help.

The 1st part is about the rhetorical arguments that people use regarding inflation and the minimum wage:

This 2nd part, which you must have accidentally forgotten to quote, addresses the relationship between inflation and the minimum wage.

Hope that helps. One part is about rhetorical arguments, one part is about the economic relationship.

so are you pretending that raising minimum wage to $15 (a mere 107% increase) is a "small increment?"

so are you pretending that raising minimum wage to $15 (a mere 107% increase) is a "small increment?"
When you show me where I define a "small increment" at any specific dollar amount, I might be able to answer your question.

Otherwise, why are you asking me about something that I didn't say?

The last 20 years have proven time and time again that a certain half of our population only strive to have someone beneath them to step on, no matter how firm the boot on their own neck.

Dang. That's fucking profound. The meaning to word ratio there is just incredible. Kudos to you sir.

When you show me where I define a "small increment" at any specific dollar amount, I might be able to answer your question.

Otherwise, why are you asking me about something that I didn't say?

checkmate.

1. i used quotes for a reason, it was your own term
2. i didn't exactly make up the $15 figure

but you already know this, it's why you went evasive already. it was a simple question, too...

checkmate.

but you already know this, it's why you went evasive already. it was a simple question, too...
You use quotes for reason - so show me the quote where I say that a small increment means going from the current minimum wage to $15.

You made up the figure as it applies to my posts because, again, I never equated the 2. And since you use quotes - point me to the quote. I don't have that many posts in this thread.

Ask me a question based on what I actually write and you can have an answer. Don't make up things and ask me to defend them. Especially after not even quoting the relevant part of my post the first time (for someone who uses quotes for a reason, it's pretty obvious why you chose to edit the quote before responding to it the first time).

Student loan forgiveness is the least thought out and one of the most morally bankrupt policies there is.

Not sure about morally bankrupt, but definitely in the top 10 most shittily thought out ideas.

Most on the forum would consider me very liberal. But even I recognize that if you just summarily waive off an enormous debt for people that their next door neighbor dutifully sacrificed for years to avoid in the first place. It's never, ever going to fly. I can't think of a better way to turn every moderate Democrat into a Republican.

It's like this enormous rent paying odyssey California is about to go on. Hard working people that made all sorts of sacrifices to keep things afloat are now the ones being punished.

Liberals need to be really mindful of these kids of things. Dramatically overhaul the education system to make it super affordable- go to town. Start cutting checks for student loans- fuck that shit. You realize that is making the people who paid their student loans pay 2 student loans right. They paid theirs, and now they are being asked to pay for others.

191yr1.jpg

You use quotes for reason - so show me the quote where I say that a small increment means going from the current minimum wage to $15.

You made up the figure as it applies to my posts because, again, I never equated the 2. And since you use quotes - point me to the quote. I don't have that many posts in this thread.

Ask me a question based on what I actually write and you can have an answer. Don't make up things and ask me to defend them. Especially after not even quoting the relevant part of my post the first time (for someone who uses quotes for a reason, it's pretty obvious why you chose to edit the quote before responding to it the first time).

dat evasion.

lolz @ feigning ignorance when there's been another thread on page 1 about raising the minimum wage to $15, house reps were talking about this yesterday for soundbites with jpow, and it's been a democrat talking point for over a year.

so what, you have no clue about this all of a sudden... but we're supposed to believe you know a damn thing about this? pick one. again, you walked into checkmate.

dat evasion.

lolz @ feigning ignorance when there's been another thread on page 1 about raising the minimum wage to $15, house reps were talking about this yesterday for soundbites with jpow, and it's been a democrat talking point for over a year.

so what, you have no clue about this all of a sudden... but we're supposed to believe you know a damn thing about this? pick one. again, you walked into checkmate.
Listen, you can't be this stupid.

when done in small increments as opposed to a single one time jump.

You are trying to argue that "small increments instead of a big jump" = jumping from the current minimum wage to top end of what people are talking about. I rarely use the word dummy. But are you a dummy? You're literally talking about the "single one time jump" when I specifically stated "small increments".

Don't ever tell me you use quotes for a reason unless that reason is to demonstrate that you can't read and you clearly don't think.

You are trying to argue that "small increments instead of a big jump" = jumping from the current minimum wage to top end of what people are talking about. I rarely use the word dummy. But are you a dummy? You're literally talking about the "single one time jump" when I specifically stated "small increments".

Don't ever tell me you use quotes for a reason unless that reason is to demonstrate that you can't read and you clearly don't think.

...lolz @ STILL evading and now also resorting to ad-hom!

how logical.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Didn't read. Didn't need to

{<jordan}

. People who have had it tough don't want to see others have it easy, they feel cheated. However, throughout history we have made great progress to get to where we are today

That does not describe the person talking to Elizabeth Warren. You've completely misunderstood that.

He did feel cheated. That was obvious. But he did not feel cheated because he had it tough and someone else had it easy. He felt cheated because he made the right, principled choice to sacrifice and save. But Elizabeth wants to reward those that didn't.

If Elizabeth had gone to that same dude and said, 'I have a plan that in 5 years, people like you will no longer have to sacrifice and save for a decade to send their kids to college.' He probably would have been completely on board.

Use the money to fix the problems. Don't just stroke checks to the casualties, or that's all you will ever do.

Minimal tuition costs and free healthcare would absolutely unleash this country.

...lolz @ STILL evading and now also resorting to ad-hom!

how logical.
It's not ad hominem, I'm seriously questioning if you're a dummy.

I'm questioning your intelligence because I wrote 2 terms: 1) "small increments"; and 2) "single one time jump".

You supposedly read the post and then asked me how going from the current minimum wage to $15 is a "small increment". But my post specified not doing things in a single step. Don't do it in a single step...followed by you asking me why I want to do it in a single step. You're either an idiot or you can't read.

That fact that you keep alleging that I didn't answer your question when my post answered your question before you even asked it is why I'm comcerned. Here - I'll answer your question again without even typing anything new.
And there is no massive inflation coming with raising the minimum wage when done in small increments as opposed to a single one time jump.

You've literally been asking about the single one time jump over and over again. It's insane.

followed by you asking me why I want to do it in a single step. You're either an idiot or you can't read.

hypocrisy level: MAXIMUM

(protip: that's not what i asked/what you've been evading)

<Huh2>

You've literally been asking about the single one time jump over and over again. It's insane.

i literally asked that zero times.

please cite where i asked this. when you won't, please answer whether you're an idiot or illiterate - as it's the checkmate scenario you created for yourself.

this is an old trait that goes back 100 million years.

There was a study with squirrels that showed that the animals that had a large horde of nuts were anti-social and suspicious of others whereas those that had few nuts wer social and friendly to others.

checkmate.

Completely agree. There's tons of example but I'll use minimum wage for this thread. Over and over again, we see people say not to raise minimum wage because then a fast food worker will make as much as Worker X. Not once do they stop and ask themselves "Maybe Worker X is being underpaid and if we raise minimum wage it would put upward pressure on the wage scale for Worker X, eventually increasing that wage as well?"

Nope, let's keep Worker X underpaid so that we can justify not paying the fast food worker a decent wage. I don't even support the minimum wage and I think they're making asinine, self-defeating arguments. /rant
Sure if the Canadian government will guarantee to scale my retirement savings with inflation for all time. Otherwise I am getting fucked in 25 years.

Minimum wage was $4.75 or so when I entered the workforce in the mid 90's. Now its near $13. And prices and cost of living have risen accordingly. But folks who retired in the 90's when cost of living was way lower have seen their retirement savings get shrunk badly as well.

In the end, its a vicious cycle. What is the plan to counteract this?

<TrumpWrong1>

hypocrisy level: MAXIMUM

(protip: that's not what i asked/what you've been evading)

<Huh2>

i literally asked that zero times.

please cite where i asked this. when you won't, please answer whether you're an idiot or illiterate - as it's the checkmate scenario you created for yourself.

how logical.

<JagsKiddingMe>

{<jordan}[/QUOTE]
I guess you are that stupid.

No dummy. I'm saying do small increments, not a single one step jump to $15.

I forgot just how unintelligent a poster you are.

Poor people like to hoard poverty. 3rd, 4th, sometimes 5th generation poor people.

Back