Social Students walk out of Utah middle school to protest ‘furries’

The fact that there wasn't a single person photographed or recorded doing a stupid dance dressed up as a cat near this protest is proof enough for me that there aren't really furries and this is manufactured outrage.

Damn, I didn't get it 😕 LOL
Tbf to you, it’s a horrible joke reference to make. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take…

Back on this fiasco. Easy why nobody is marching out there. Or at least plausible. This is about kids… Said kids have parents that won’t let them. Thats it…. They aren’t allowed to go and march around acting like lions, tigers, and bears…

Meanwhile, kids want attention, take that away and guess what.... They manufacture stuff to gain attention........

First of all... is this what school is like nowadays?

I'm still going to call bullshit on this. If anyone dressed like a furry in Junior High or High School in my day, there is a 99.5% they were going to get picked on, ridiculed and very likely beat up. Admittedly, I am inclined to think that school hasn't changed that much since.

And you know what? In this particular case, it would not only be warranted, but I daresay necessary. Getting your ass kicked can be a real eye-opening and humbling experience. Like... why did I get beat up and how do I avoid that in the future? Was dressing up like a moron a particularly good idea?

Whatever people do in their cosplay groups, or private bedrooms, fantastic. You do you and live it up. Do shit like that in public, school, or the workplace... you are pretty much asking for it, and I don't mean others being sensitive to your (special) needs.

First I would need to see if this is even true.

The the whole furries thing is stupid and the dress code should stop this dumb shit. They are not cat or dogs or whatever and pretending to be in school should not be tolerated.

First I would need to see if this is even true.

The the whole furries thing is stupid and the dress code should stop this dumb shit. They are not cat or dogs or whatever and pretending to be in school should not be tolerated.

Anymore than if someone comes to school dressed as a Jedi insisting it's a religion.

Clearly it's nonsense.

There's no doubt the other side is not filled with innocent angels, that's for sure.... There's no doubt been teasing and mocking and probably even some bullying from the conservative crowd.

Especially when you consider how many people on the right think bullying is good for people...
I don’t think bullying is positive, but shaming can be.

Well, if boys can identify as girls and use the girls' locker room, I think it's okay for students to identify as furries and bite their teachers.

That girl in the video wasn't a furry. It's just an alt kid from hot topic. Just stop fucking with them and they will be in the back of the classroom.

Edit: LOL at the random they interviewed for this segment.

This stupid shit again?

Its Utah man, Mormons are an especially unique brand of reactionary dipsh*ts who think they should rule the World.

Well, except when they're making deals with Mob outfits to build Vegas. With amazing quotes about working with known killers such as:

"Well, none of them have killed any of us."

The same people who won’t believe their own eyes and will only form an opinion when a “trusted source” tells them what to think.

Yeah I feel like I get called a dumbass in every other thread for making observations without backing it up with data.

Do I really need to formulate some long winded hypothesis when I say CNN is a left wing news network? Apparently on this forum I do.

I don’t think bullying is positive, but shaming can be.
Let's say I boxed for 10 years and and the right wing idiots that say bullying is good haven't... I'm sure they'll change their tune real quick when we meet and I start f****** with them. Then all the sudden bullying will be a problem and they'll call the cops.

@Sinister

Back