Opinion Student Loan Debate: SCOTUS strikes down Biden sweeping debt forgiveness order

Which plan do you currently agree with most? (if not exact to your position, explain in a post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You should be making enough to pay that off in a couple years if you just bite down and get it done.

It took me 9 years, and we lived pretty basically until I paid it off. I guess I didn't include this in my first post, but paying that much for school, plus cost of living was pretty fucking brutal, and I arguably have one of the better jobs in the country.
I don't think forgiving loans is a permanent answer, but would much prefer either the interest rates be removed entirely or at least significantly lowered and capped at a certain amount per year. It makes me sick to think how much I paid in interest alone.

I think at that rate you don't need it either. Also $10k is a drop in the bucket for the dude with a $300k philosophy degree working at Starbucks
Right a guy who makes 124 is poor and needs 10K but a guy who makes 126 is rich. Biden economics. It's those damn 125K millionaires that are making life difficult for the art majors.

Congrats kids , you now Only owe the remaining 140000 of your balance. Luckily for you , your purchasing power will continue to go down due to cost of living . Thanks for the votes !
No wait, there's more! you just need to vote Dem in the mid terms and next presidential election to find out, we promise!

I think the funny thing is the presumption anyone who wasn’t going to vote D or wasn’t going to vote will all of a sudden rush to the polls.

What will be done about student loan debt next year and the year after? People will continue to take out loans to get degrees.
Nothing will change until they address the reasons why college is expensive.

They are working on it. This is 1 of the few good things Biden may do

The idea is to cap costs and have the Govt give free school for 2 years. Private school costs cant be touched logically

I think at that rate you don't need it either. Also $10k is a drop in the bucket for the dude with a $300k philosophy degree working at Starbucks

That is sooo rare though most people have 10k to 50k in debt from student loans.

I kept the cash to pay it off because I figured it wouldn’t happen. I purposefully paid it down to 10,000 since I figured that would be the most they would do.

That sucks. If I were you still dont pay it off

Think like Trump dont pay the banks rtc

This is so fkn retarded. It's just more corporate welfare that will only exacerbate the real problem.

Example: Stupid fkn inflation enhancement bill gives electric credits....Ford and gm immediately come out and raise the price on their electric line by the same amount.

Schools will do the same . Just like healthcare did.

Can the federal fkn government stay the fk out of an industry for fucks sake? Answer is no because there's too many fkn leeches out there that will vote for them in exchange for handouts. Yall are pathetic

i see this policy as a giveaway to those who have more already. even if a person with a degree cant get a job in their chosen field and has to enter the workplace they will still get bumped ahead of non college graduates for management positions and promotions. they are going to be ok.

i cant support a bill that gives these people tons more money at the expense of the average worker. the ONLY way you could get me to support this bill is if you give an equally proportionate amount of money to blue collar workers who need it more anyway.

i used to support this bill but it just seems like a bunch of educated people jerking each other off to me nowadays.

Let’s all take a moment to thank Jenny, the waitress at IHOP, who didn’t go to college but just helped someone making $100k pay part of their education.

Here’s to the plebs now subsidizing others higher educations! Cheers
<JackieThumbsUp>

Back