Stuck in a rut

Affliction™

White Belt
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been doing the 5x5 workout with three sets of burpee conditioning after each session. (12 burpees each). I've lost about 8-11 pounds and now I'm at about 205. I would like to continue losing fat but it seems as if my body has gotten used to the normal conditioning routine and has hit a plateau. Any ideas on how I can spice things up and keep my weight loss going?

Thanks.

Mix it up with your favorite cardio activities. May be 1 day of your regular routine, next day 3-4 mile jog, next day back to your routine, next day basketball, next day your routine, next day racket ball, 1 mile sprint followed by 2 mile jog, swimming,...

edit: I mentioned basketball and racketball because they're sporting activities that you don't need to have people to play with to get a workout. If you get to the court and no one there, you can still tire yourself out and have fun. So yeah, whatever you can think of, or if you get bored with running, get a hiking book for your area spend 1 day on a trail taking pictures, ect, make it fun.

Post your diet. A few tweaks in your eating regiment can make a world of diff.

One of my personal favorites is heavy shadow boxing, knees, shots circuits. 45 secs per, one after the other, 30 sec break between rounds, as many rounds as possible. Good mma spiced cardio for the mornings.

Back