strongest arm?

ballie

White Belt
Reaction score
is it possible that you are right handed but have a stronger left arm?

I was doing bench presses with a friend and he told me my left arm was my strongest arm because he was a little faster stretched, is this true?

How can you test wich arm is stronger?

Sometimes your non dominant side will indeed be stronger than your dominant side. When you are lifting, your non dominant side has to work a little bit harder to pull the same weight as your good side, this produces a greater strength adaptation in that side that is working harder to control the weight.

one thing i know is that my left arm has, in the past, been bigger but my right was always stronger

ballie said:

I was doing bench presses with a friend and he told me my left arm was my strongest arm because he was a little faster stretched, is this true?

I am right handed and I swear the my left arm has better definition than my right and is stronger. I would say yes

It's weird, but in some exercises i'm stronger with my left arm. But my left arm is much less muscular then my right one, even though i train them equally.
Why is this ? :icon_conf

Skurk said:
It's weird, but in some exercises i'm stronger with my left arm. But my left arm is much less muscular then my right one, even though i train them equally.
Why is this ? :icon_conf

Masturbation.

And the answer to the original question, use unilateral movements with dumbells for a while if the differenece is notable. Strength imbalances have a nasty habit of creating problems down th road.

I'm right handed, but my grip is stronger on my left hand. Maybe because it's from all those years of holding shit in my left, while opening doors and such with my right. *shrug*

ballie said:

I have the same problem - my left is stronger than my right, very weird.

syn1.jpg

I've got 6 fingers and 2 elbows on my left, but not my right...why is that?...

dumbells. Youll be able to tellw hich arm is stronger when you work them individually

I noticed that my right arm looses power faster when i do bicep curls although im right handed.

Back