Economy Strong Majority of Americans Support AOC's 70% Top Tax Rate

Polls are useful, sampling is very much an accepted technique for analysis.

It's not fool proof and only a fool would expect it to be.

Its only useful to the media to push an agenda and to large corporations disconnected from their consumers that love to lose money on products doomed to fail. The misuse of statistics is an ancient art-form and sampling bias is far too easy to achieve to make any poll trustworthy.

Its only useful to the media to push an agenda and to large corporations disconnected from their consumers that love to lose money on products doomed to fail. The misuse of statistics is an ancient art-form and sampling bias is far too easy to achieve to make any poll trustworthy.

Every political party uses polling/ sampling. Plus of course sampling is used in everything from quality control and financial modelling to auditing.

Every political party uses polling/ sampling. Plus of course sampling is used in everything from quality control and financial modelling to auditing.

Whats this? Both parties do it? No fucking way...people in power using a method to manipulate people...who would have thunk it...polls must be true then.

<LikeReally5>

What happened to him?
He lost an epic sig bet to @Jack V Savage and has been in hiding since November.

Posted because why not-

tenor.gif

In the latest The Hill-HarrisX survey — conducted Jan. 12 and 13 after the newly elected congresswoman called for the U.S. to raise its highest tax rate to 70 percent — a sizable majority of registered voters, 59 percent, supports the concept.

screen_shot_2019-01-15_at_12.00.21_pm.jpg

Women support the idea by a 62-38 percent margin. A majority of men back it as well, 55 percent to 45 percent. The proposal is popular in all regions of the country with a majority of Southerners backing it by a 57 to 43 percent margin. Rural voters back it as well, 56 percent to 44 percent.

Increasing the highest tax bracket to 70 percent garners a surprising amount of support among Republican voters. In the Hill-HarrisX poll, 45 percent of GOP voters say they favor it while 55 percent are opposed to it.

Independent voters who were contacted backed the tax idea by a 60 to 40 percent margin while Democratic ones favored it, 71 percent to 29 percent.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-ame...ia66yh8vAzRc2QdotZhhVaqcSrawwAyhFUM_G-PTrLY_8

Quick, billionaires, have your media outlets tell us she's an insane radical.

It's amazing how progressive Democratic economic policies continue to be more and more popular. It's only a matter of time until the damn breaks and Americans actually start voting that way.

I mean, just force them off corporate welfare, and stop lettingbtgem hide their money overseas. You do that, 40% would be plenty. But YES, the money full-time Wal-Mart employees need in government benefits is easentially DIRECT corporate welfare, and is part of the money the owners keep. That's not even capitalism lol.

70% seems to high.. And also seems comical when you realize the breaks the gov gives to companies to open shop certain places.

Posted because why not-

How stupid is this woman?

The shutdown is about a wall. It's about illegal immigration. More broadly, it's about voting demographics, and ultimately economic policies, which tend to drive things most strongly, as well as race, yes, but mostly immediately it's about a wall.

Just ahead of all the poor people who tell everyone the best methods of money management and how the economy works.
<{anton}>

Should have used the "breaking" label, as in "Breaking: poor people support higher taxes as long as they aren't the ones being taxed and will riot in the streets if there is any increase for themselves like in France".

With Thomas Jefferson taking the lead in the Virginia legislature in 1777, every Revolutionary state government abolished the laws of primogeniture and entail that had served to perpetuate the concentration of inherited property. Jefferson cited Adam Smith, the hero of free market capitalists everywhere, as the source of his conviction that (as Smith wrote, and Jefferson closely echoed in his own words), "A power to dispose of estates for ever is manifestly absurd. The earth and the fulness of it belongs to every generation, and the preceding one can have no right to bind it up from posterity. Such extension of property is quite unnatural." Smith said: "There is no point more difficult to account for than the right we conceive men to have to dispose of their goods after death."

<{monica}>

It's very overlooked but Adam Smith was actually pretty egalitarian

How stupid is this woman?

The shutdown is about a wall. It's about illegal immigration. More broadly, it's about voting demographics, and ultimately economic policies, which tend to drive things most strongly, as well as race, yes, but mostly immediately it's about a wall.
Riddle me this: Why was the wall NOT important enough to do anything about (much less close the government) during two years of complete GOP rule...

... But of the eve of a Democratic House being sworn in, all of a sudden it was important enough to trigger the longest gov't shutdown in history.

tenor.gif

No political gamesmanship there at all... no siree...

I would prefer lower taxes than so but for me, it's not about the optimal cut off marginal tax rate nor is it about the principles regarding state finances, it's about morality. To receive less than half of what you earn is for me highly immoral, this is regardless of whether you earn $10 bucks an hour or $100,000 an hour...

I don't even know why I bother but...

That $10 or $100k that you "earn" didn't sprout from the ground or from the sweat of your forehead. It is the product of the public education you, your customers, and your co-workers received throughout their lives. It benefited from laws and protection that the state set up. It arrived to you thanks to the roads and infrastructure that the state set up, etc., etc.

So taking a percentage away to make sure that to make sure that these structures continue is perfectly moral. To continue to receive these benefits but not contribute makes you an immoral leech.

Yeah, Trump's decision to shut down the government was based on economic policies. We all know how closely held and deeply understood his economic policies are. :rolleyes:

Riddle me this: Why was the wall NOT important enough to do anything about (much less close the government) during two years of complete GOP rule...

... But of the eve of a Democratic House being sworn in, all of a sudden it was important enough to trigger the longest gov't shutdown in history.

tenor.gif

No political gamesmanship there at all... no siree...
Because Donald Trump wasn't President, and elected on that platform.

That was easy. Put a bit more thought into your rhetorical questions, maybe.

Correct, I am dull for not being a whore to a party and thus dont buy into things created to placate me into submission via confirmation bias.

Alright I will hear you out.

How is polling used placate me into submission?

Alright I will hear you out.

How is polling used placate me into submission?

Try reading the topic like a normal person does. Once you have caught up with everyone else here, try posting again because this shit was already answered.

<DisgustingHHH>

Because Donald Trump wasn't President, and elected on that platform.

That was easy. Put a bit more thought into your rhetorical questions, maybe.
Lol, might be the worst response I've ever read by someone who isn't actually functionally retarded.

Trump wasn't President between 1/20/17 and 12/22/18 (when GOP had complete control of the Federal gov't)?

Where was the pressing urgency of the "wall" platform then?

Where was the *emergency* gov't shutdown then?

Back