striker u want to be most like, striker ur most like

i'd love to have Saenchai Sor Kingstar's sense of timing and level of technique. He makes Muay Thai look easy.

If i have any 'resemblance' to anyone...i do tend to use my rear left leg a lot for body/high kicks. So in that aspect alone a bit like Yod but nowhere near as fast as him and i don't have shins of steel lol
Yeah, Saenchai is today's Matee and Samart for sure. The technique is great!

i want to be like Gomi, or kid yamamoto but my actual striking is like mark hunt, with leg kicks and brawling like henderson, i rely on my right hook/cross most of the times

i'd like to be like anderson but im more like chuck. slow heavy hands

Buakaw Por Prumak's muay thai, Roy Jones in his primes speed, and Mike Tyson in his prime power, i cant just pick one

machida ive been doing shotokan for a long time
machida hes still better then me in shotokan

Wanna be like Margarito. Agression. Workrate. Bodyshots and uppercuts.
Right now I'm more like Cotto. Throw a lot of jabs and left hooks both to the body and head. Except I'm a million times slower and bit more defensive.

i ask this to get a better feel for the posters in this forum and their skills, styles, strategies and aspirations

what striker, boxer, kickboxer, muay thai; do u feel best represents your style, mentality, ability and tech

also what strike would u like to be more like or aspire to develop into, not copycat

the guy i would say im the most like is a boxer and one who is pretty good but not too terribly popular

kevin johnson-not saying im as athletic or skillfull as him; but in regards to my overall game, that i apply in a self def situation or sparring situation, i would say he fits me best. I pick my shots, throw judiciously, play alot of def w/angles-footwork and headmovement; exclusively use the jab as the KEY weapon. Capable of using other tools but exclusively use the jab to maintain dist, make u have to work in; an use my footwork to keep u at a range and potshot and walk u into shots. Bad side, don't use the full array of shots consistently at all and don't really look to close the show or put offensive pressure on opp, ccan be outworked and made def when opp can consistently put together shots or move hands and come forward.

striker i would most like to be like- bernard hopkins- guy who is judicious w/his shots, can throw and does throw every punch in the book well, excellent balance, can fight in mid close and long range. A master of his craft, in regards to off, def, counters, works body and head; is able to bait opp, set traps, an systematically adapt and adjust to a fighter in mid round, not to mention mid fight. Can fight any style and neutralize any athletic or strategic gift.

or james toney- same reasons

thoughts opinions

MMA = Rampage. Excellent counter puncher in combo, good power, strong

Boxing/General Strking ability = Evander Holyfield. Quick, timing is superb, maybe not the most KO power in the world, but an outstanding counter puncher who can tag you 6 times to every one time you tag him. That's more impressive IMO and psychologically more effective in a confrontation.

Back