striker u want to be most like, striker ur most like

"No one can re-invent the wheel, someone will always resemble someone else, but what stands you apart from them is what makes you special."[/QUOTE]

Well said!

However, if I could borrow some of another fighters skill's

RJJ- foot speed, ability to see punches coming
Mike Tyson- double left hook
Tarver- cross
Buakaw- Muay thai (clinch work)
GSP- Athletic ability and looks (Im an ugly bastard!)

Now- Kyryllo 2008
Desire- Kyryllo + healthy

I'd love to have head kicks like CRO COP! Just that fear of never knowing if and when they would come would intimidate my opponents!

:icon_twis

RJJ- root speed, ability to see punches coming

If that impresses you then go to Youtube and search for "Wilfredo Benitez." That mans nickname was "El Radar" for his ability to pick off punches. Defensive mastermind.

Kalib Starnes. That way I wouldn't get hit :icon_chee. Someone had to make the joke first right?

Not saying he best represents my style...but he's who I aspire to be like...

Andy Souwer...even though I'm like 190...and not 160...

I always wanted to be like Jens Pulver, I just like the guy.

Or Anderson Silva.

I know they are both way different. I'd be happy to be lke either one.

Samart Payakaroon
Matee Jedeepitak

Offensively I'd say Ernesto Hooste for his combos and leg kicks

I'll probably get flamed for saying this but defensively I'd say Rampage, I know he's not technically a striker but I'd say the way I defend is simular to him.

I'm not intentionally trying to immitate these fighters I just think that there style is some what simular to my own personal style, whitch is unique to me

Offensively I'd say Ernesto Hooste for his combos and leg kicks

I'll probably get flamed for saying this but defensively I'd say Rampage, I know he's not technically a striker but I'd say the way I defend is simular to him.

I'm not intentionally trying to immitate these fighters I just think that there style is some what simular to my own personal style, whitch is unique to me

more or less how i meant to pose the question, the guys i mentioned have styles or mentalities that fit my own to a degree; they just have a higher level of tech and phys ability

Lebanner, exept with a little bit straighter punches.

If that impresses you then go to Youtube and search for "Wilfredo Benitez." That mans nickname was "El Radar" for his ability to pick off punches. Defensive mastermind.

Wow..... Just went and checked that out! Thanks!

I'd like to think my that style wise I have Masato's hands and Andy Hug's variety of kicks(and Hagler's style of staying out of trouble) but I am no where near their level yet. Those are just the guys I would like to think I could be as good as(their strengths) or better someday. We'll see what happens in the next five or so years and see if I can't get myself where I want to be(its a tall order).

i'd love to have Saenchai Sor Kingstar's sense of timing and level of technique. He makes Muay Thai look easy.

If i have any 'resemblance' to anyone...i do tend to use my rear left leg a lot for body/high kicks. So in that aspect alone a bit like Yod but nowhere near as fast as him and i don't have shins of steel lol

I always wanted to be like Tyson concerning style , even though Im the exact opposite and would say Im more like lets say crocop . Wanting to be like Tyson atleast makes me good overall in standup ,since I train in fighting more even though it will never the side Ill feel really comfortable on , its good that I still train it more .

Back