Stretchy shorts + BJJ = broken toes?

D

DangerDan

My BJJ instructor said that wearing basketball shorts for a no gi class is a good way to break toes because they get caught in the material easier than they would if you were wearing mma shorts that don't stretch.

Is this true? I trust him but it doesn't seem like there would really be much of a difference.

Is there?

It's true, stop being poor and get some decent gear. It's a good investment long term anyway.

Agreed with the above. Plus, do you really want to look like a douche and not listen to your instructor?

Yes, I hate it when some new guys show up wearing big, baggy loose ass t-shirts and basketball shorts. My feet get stuck or wrapped up in their clothing everytime I work butterfly guard, then I have to make them stop so I can keep from breaking my toes or ankles.

Yeah. I don't really like training with guys that have baggy clothes, but the T-shirt thing I don't sweat too much, since I run into it all the time in competition anyway. In the perfect world, everyone would grapple with rashguards on.

It's true, stop being poor and get some decent gear. It's a good investment long term anyway.

No, I got two pairs of fight shorts, and a third on the way. I was just asking cause sometimes I wear bball shorts when I forget to do the wash.

Thanks guys.

and yeah, I've had the shirt thing, that sucks. Stupid wannabe thugs.

Nothing is worse than getting your hands caught in the baggy sleevless shirt of the spaz who is coming in for his free trial class

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back