Strength Help

CAnklerank

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help with a strength program, but I don

Is'nt there a pay as you go gym you could use for the short term?

Dumbbells are great but to quote Wendler himself, "Some people ask if they can be used as a substitute for Barbell. The answer is no and if you ask why, you obviously have'nt been training with weights for very long."

Is'nt there a pay as you go gym you could use for the short term?

Dumbbells are great but to quote Wendler himself, "Some people ask if they can be used as a substitute for Barbell. The answer is no and if you ask why, you obviously have'nt been training with weights for very long."

LOLs, certain parts of Ireland are still in the 50's

There are a few heavyset women around i could deadlift though

I may have to give up the ghost and just work on conditioning for the next six weeks...booo!

LOLs, certain parts of Ireland are still in the 50's

There are a few heavyset women around i could deadlift though

I may have to give up the ghost and just work on conditioning for the next six weeks...booo!

Sorry to hear it, mate. I get Cold Turkey when my Gym closes over Xmas and New Year, even though it for less than two weeks and I tell myself it's just an extended Deload.

How heavy do your DB's go again? Sorry, just re-read your OP. How about Incline DB Bench when the weights become too light for Flat Bench?

Take a break from pure strength gains, until you get back to your gym, and focus on strength-endurance and conditioning?

How about Incline DB Bench when the weights become too light for Flat Bench?

Thanks, i think i'll add in an alt arm incline bench.

Take a break from pure strength gains, until you get back to your gym, and focus on strength-endurance and conditioning?

Thanks, whats a good method of working on strength endurence? Upper body push/pull as well as a lower body push/pull to failure? Or just a set amount of additional reps?

From 8weeksout.com, you could try the tempo method and slowly switch over to the explosive repeat method as seen in the muscle endurance article. It looks like a simple program but if you use the right loading it'll kick your ass if you haven't been working on your conditioning.

From 8weeksout.com, you could try the tempo method and slowly switch over to the explosive repeat method as seen in the muscle endurance article. It looks like a simple program but if you use the right loading it'll kick your ass if you haven't been working on your conditioning.

Thanks

noticed you just put pressups, didnt specify but its well worth doing inclines of those & other variations and of course if you have dumbells use them for burpees!

Back