• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

There must be. I have a buddy that has a 3-D printer and will make you a raspberry pi box shaped like any old-school console you can think of. It'll connect to an HDMI and he packs them with games. He's doing that as a side gig too. I'll try to get in touch with him and see if he has any ideas on modding one of those cabinets.

Thanks man, that would be awesome. Not 100% sure I’m getting it, but having MAME is a big + if I do.

Ok, finally hit 5000 points with Cody. I started getting salty towards the end and doing dumb shit but pulled it off. Still a lot to work on with him. His cr.hp is a great whiff punish tool, but I have no idea how to land it or set it up. That's one thing I really need to learn how to do.

So, it took me a month or so to hit 5000 points with Cody and almost a year and a half with Ryu. Kind of weird.

Oh an screw Cammy. She sucks, her tick throws suck, her landing and getting in 2 blockstring jabs and being able to throw suck, her walk speed sucks. Everything about her sucks.

Ok, finally hit 5000 points with Cody. I started getting salty towards the end and doing dumb shit but pulled it off. Still a lot to work on with him. His cr.hp is a great whiff punish tool, but I have no idea how to land it or set it up. That's one thing I really need to learn how to do.

So, it took me a month or so to hit 5000 points with Cody and almost a year and a half with Ryu. Kind of weird.

Oh an screw Cammy. She sucks, her tick throws suck, her landing and getting in 2 blockstring jabs and being able to throw suck, her walk speed sucks. Everything about her sucks.

Congrats. I played a few match ups with you in the past couple of days, and I can see how he's a great fit for you. I've been dicking around with Cody for a while as well. I prefer his knife V-trigger over his pipe one. He's got some meaty setups with the Rapid Fire attack; his Snipe Shot is utterly useless IMO (with the exception of its AA variation).

Congrats. I played a few match ups with you in the past couple of days, and I can see how he's a great fit for you. I've been dicking around with Cody for a while as well. I prefer his knife V-trigger over his pipe one. He's got some meaty setups with the Rapid Fire attack; his Snipe Shot is utterly useless IMO (with the exception of its AA variation).

Thanks man. I don’t know what it is, but he just feels easier to use. I haven’t even given the knife any playtime and now that I think about it, it might fit my style better. It’s a much better footsie tool. Once I’m in VT2, the game becomes a lot more complicated because Cody loses his FB game and I’m not that good at command grab setups. He’s really fun though. I might give VT1 some lab time when I get back.

Thanks man. I don’t know what it is, but he just feels easier to use. I haven’t even given the knife any playtime and now that I think about it, it might fit my style better. It’s a much better footsie tool. Once I’m in VT2, the game becomes a lot more complicated because Cody loses his FB game and I’m not that good at command grab setups. He’s really fun though. I might give VT1 some lab time when I get back.
I haven't been playing much because of other video games, but the last time I saw Automattock play VT1 he checked the frame data. The qcb back knife is plus 3 on block, and throwing the knife is at least safe (I don't remember if it's plus or not). Both of those are combo enders, so you can apply pressure without having to worry about being punished.

Edit: Throw is also +3.

Last edited:
Played some today. Neither knife combo ender leaves you in throw range, but players don't seem to realize the enders are both + so sometimes throw works because it will beat out whatever normal they decide to contest with (that or the Laura I was playing against was just on the unfortunate end of some lag). I might just need to reset my router before every session from now on. If I run a speed test everything seems fine, but my matches were definitely a little unstable before I decided to reset my modem.

The problem with VT1 is if you hold onto the knife, your only good options are s. lk or jab/cr. jab because everything else is too slow. S. mp has 11 frames of startup in VT1, for example. The good news is that you still get access to his target combo in VT1: only the first hit uses the knife. If you toss the knife, you at least get cr. mp into lk. ruffian to continue pressure.

I did alright today, might get back into the 3ks next time I play so long as I don't get a bad run. I'm like 2900 right now. Don't know how long gold will take; might not take too long if I ever decide to finally use high/low mixups. I've been abusing Cr. jab as a meaty. Tick throw/cr. jab -> target combo is a pretty solid mixup, and the target combo is really easy to confirm without throwing out the second standing, jab which is -4.

I jump way too much though because I was spoiled by having a dive kick. Not being able to change my air trajectory is going to take some getting used to.

What do you guys think? Grappler, charge, new head honcho, Q?

tumblr_p0tijwtfwq1r182vto1_1280.jpg

I remembered Jubei Yamada, a perverted Judoka from Fatal Fury 2/Special. He had a projectile too.

latest

Hahahah thats hilarious. Is Alex a mix of charge and motion?

@Madmick any chance in the near future Sherdog will get rid of these spammy Amazon Gift card scams that keep popping up?

Hahahah thats hilarious. Is Alex a mix of charge and motion?

@Madmick any chance in the near future Sherdog will get rid of these spammy Amazon Gift card scams that keep popping up?

Yes, Alex is a Hybrid. Headbutt, Stomp, and Elbow are charge moves. The rest are motions including his CA.

Jubei's Super/Desperation was something like charge db, then df to db again or some shit lol.

Yes, Alex is a Hybrid. Headbutt, Stomp, and Elbow are charge moves. The rest are motions including his CA.

Jubei's Super/Desperation was something like charge db, then df to db again or some shit lol.

Holy shit that seems annoying. Doesn’t DarkStalkers have something similar or it was a different game we played on FightCade that was pretty dope with the big ooofy guy with the bat.

Holy shit that seems annoying. Doesn’t DarkStalkers have something similar or it was a different game we played on FightCade that was pretty dope with the big ooofy guy with the bat.

Yeah, you're right Darkstalkers has a lot of different motions too.

One of Hsien-Ko's supers:

Yeah, you're right Darkstalkers has a lot of different motions too.

One of Hsien-Ko's supers:

Oh yea, thats right. Not sure if I could hang with a new DarkStalkers game lol. I am getting much better hitting buttons though. I’ve been really working on my double cr.lp conversions.

Oh yea, thats right. Not sure if I could hang with a new DarkStalkers game lol. I am getting much better hitting buttons though. I’ve been really working on my double cr.lp conversions.

Lol, they'll probably change a lot of those motions. Even SNK doesn't use those anymore.

Back